Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Car

alexsmith

Hi guys

It's been a while since I last posted anything and at last I've got round to lowering the car which I'm going to do myself but what I wanted to know was is there anything I should replace whilst the suspension is off?

The car is on 120k and apart from an itermittent creaking noise when I turn the steering wheel (any thoughts?) all seems fine and dandy.

Cheers

Alex

Creaking noise is probably down to the ARB so as your lowering it fit some stiffened ones.

yep, one of the best things you can do to your car :)

Thanks for the reply but why would the ARB creak? I get the slight creaking sound turning the wheel when the car is stationary..... :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I would change the shocks too!

Have a look at the bushes condition aswell!

I lowered mine 30mm with Eibach and now 1 shock has popped i have done almost 100K!

So at yr mileage its just a matter of time b 4 the lowering with affect yr old shocks if they are old!

I would change the shocks too!

Have a look at the bushes condition aswell!

I lowered mine 30mm with Eibach and now 1 shock has popped i have done almost 100K!

So at yr mileage its just a matter of time b 4 the lowering with affect yr old shocks if they are old!

Depending on how much your lower it, you might need to fit shorter shocks in order to balance the amount of travel, otherwise they might bottom out and get damaged :winky:

• 2 weeks later...