Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Courtesy Car During Service

When leaving the car in for a scheduled service, is it reasonable to expect the replacement/courtesy car to be a Lexus – or at least similar?

From the website:

LEXUS CARE

Our highly trained service technicians contribute their skills and dedication to ensure you experience the very highest levels of care. This extends to every aspect of our service, from making sure a replacement car is available when yours is being maintained…

Might I expect a Yaris etc unless I specifically request otherwise?

Cheers

P

I thought it was part of the deal that you would always get a Lexus as a courtesy car, but not sure if there is a written rule as such.

I've always received Lexus as courtesy cars..........

Depends,

Usually for me it was another IS200 (pre-250 days), when it was in for a week for the stereo, i ended up with a Pug 307 (service managers car), and the last service (when they had a 250) I had a RX300

Thought as much...

Have since collected a roaring Corolla saloon. Wanted to see what they'd provide without prompting.

No mention of any kind of Lexus from them.

They are hardly trying to shake the Toyota link are they?

Worth a few words with the manager later, methinks.

Incidentally, is valeting a standard part of the service?

All the best

P

Thought as much...

Have since collected a roaring Corolla saloon. Wanted to see what they'd provide without prompting.

No mention of any kind of Lexus from them.

They are hardly trying to shake the Toyota link are they?

Worth a few words with the manager later, methinks.

Incidentally, is valeting a standard part of the service?

All the best

P

Part of the sales spiel was that I would only get a Lexus, so that should be that...I'd complain like hell...if I had a Corolla... :tsktsk: 'cos you might get that if you bought an Aygo...

Yes - cleaning is part of the deal - I wouldn't go as far as calling it a valet though.... :blink:

Anything with wheels and fuel would do me!!!

When i used to take my boxster in I'd go for a Passat or similar. As they didn't get used very much they always where full of fuel and were great for trips to the tip lol :P

Woulda thought Lexus would provide a Lexus...I mean why would they buy cars from the competition? Surprised that people have had experiences of cars other than a Lexus. Which if it were me, I'd expect a Lexus at the very least (not sure if I have a 'right' to one though ... ).

Lexus Hull tend not to give you any thing less than what you already drive. However i have been slowly climbing the ladder.

1st car was IS200se auto

2nd car was new RX300

3rd car was new gs300

I suspect they think i'm going to upgrade to a fancier model. I guess its up to the garage what they give out.

when I bought mine (nottingham stealership) I was told i would get something upgraded from my IS 250 guaranteed either an rx or gs suppose it depends on the dealer. yet to try it out, there will be trouble ahead if not. :angry:

When leaving the car in for a scheduled service, is it reasonable to expect the replacement/courtesy car to be a Lexus – or at least similar?

From the website:

LEXUS CARE

Our highly trained service technicians contribute their skills and dedication to ensure you experience the very highest levels of care. This extends to every aspect of our service, from making sure a replacement car is available when yours is being maintained…

Might I expect a Yaris etc unless I specifically request otherwise?

Cheers

Strike while the iron is hot... so they say

I put mine in this morning with Kinsella Lexus here in Dublin to get some work done under warranty

( Creak in dash and the paint problem where the back bumper meets the boot) and also to get a new sat/nav disc fitted Freeeeeee.

I made the appointment three weeks ago and asked if I could have a petrol 250 as I was seriously thinking of going away from the diesel. I was assured by two different people that they would do their best to arrange it . I got a toyota corolla base model :blush: However it is petrol. I suppose I had better not fill it with diesel before I give it back.

I do not think much of these people's after sales service. What I mean is , it is no better or worse than any other car dealer I have dealt with,I have yet to understand what Lexus are rabbiting on about when they talk about being better than other car manufacturers. They are all the same in my experience.

I got a big manuscript in the door from Lexus Ireland this morning all about the Galapagos, Croation Limestone,hybrid inspiration and pantellerian capers ( whatever they are?) maybe I am supposed to leave it in a conspicuous place in the corolla so that people can see it and wonder what kind of a tit drives a corolla and leaves Lexus magazines in it :winky:

P

Over the years I've had loads of IS's, a couple of GS', a new IS, and now I only work a couple of miles away from the dealership so they gave me a lift - have to admit I preferred that - would go for a car again though if I was having the day off or it was in for a few days so that I could have a nice drive!

• 2 months later...

I got a SC430, lucky me you think-yes, but not for my son in the back who had to put his legs up onto the other back seat as there was no legroom and the roof had to be down as there was no headroom(very windy), this was a 45 minute journey to the dealer BTW(definitely a 2 adult seater). An IS tommorrow though

when I bought mine (nottingham stealership) I was told i would get something upgraded from my IS 250 guaranteed either an rx or gs suppose it depends on the dealer. yet to try it out, there will be trouble ahead if not. :angry:

At Nottingham we have replaced all our courtesy/loan car fleet with RX400h demonstrators, as a commitment to Lexus to showcase our amazing hybrid product to everyone and to the environment (reduced co2 etc etc...) We always try to accomodate customers if they want to drive something else (IS250 auto, IS220d etc etc) but it is sometimes difficult to please all of the people all of the time, especially at short notice. We only have so many of each car and they get booked up fairly quickly. However we wouldn't lend out anything other than a Lexus. :D

MCUK23