Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry Done By The Dr

Just got back from Watford been to see Dr Tony after i noticed inside tyre wear on the front tyres.

He worked his magic and hey presto the car is sitting as it should and no more inside tyre wear!! :D

Also the car feels so much more responsive and tighter .... almost went over a couple of roundabouts until i got used to it :lol:

Only bad news is that i noticed too late and now need new tyres on the front ... at least i noticed and got it corrected before i got really bad and caused any major problems!!

Everyone one who hasnt already been and had the geometry set i urge you too just spend a couple of mins checking your tyres for inside tyre wear and if you have any even if it's a tiny bit please book your motor in with the Dr to get it all straightened out .... before it's too late and costs you £££££ in tyres or worse causes you too have an accident.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check your tyres!!!!!!!!!! :D

A very big thank you to Tony (top notch fella) and if theres ever anything you need a hand with just give me a bell and i'll do my best too help mate.

I’m getting paranoid about tyre wear now! When I was Lexus hunting, I saw a couple with utterly horrendous inner edge tyre wear – in fact I refused to test drive one of them as the wear was unbelievable and very illegal. I’ve now had my own car 3 weeks and done ~750 miles. It’s a very low mileage car (less than 4,000 miles on a “54” plate) and although there is no discernable problem, I’m keeping an eye on the tyres. I guess I ought to go and get it looked at before there’s a problem, so will probably do so in 3 or 4 weeks time (TT 2007 trip pending – Lexus in the garage at home and accumulating 0 miles for the 2 week duration of that!).

It's better to beware than be............ In the barrier. If some think this thread is aggressive then good! Get your arse of the seat and check the front inners..... If all is well then great. If you can now see wire for the first time then this thread just saved your life!

Better to spend the money getting the geometry done than having to keep on spending for new tyres. A little bit of cash now will save you spending a lot cash in the future. I was lucky and my tyres weren't knackered.

Better to spend the money getting the geometry done than having to keep on spending for new tyres. A little bit of cash now will save you spending a lot cash in the future. I was lucky and my tyres weren't knackered.

Mate... Money is a huge motive, but i wonder how many members will be shocked if they really do check the front inners for wear?

if I had slightly worn tyres would this effect my geo when it's done? So when it came to buyin new tyres again, would I have to go & get the geo done again?

Thanks for your help tony.

if I had slightly worn tyres would this effect my geo when it's done? So when it came to buyin new tyres again, would I have to go & get the geo done again?

Thanks for your help tony.

I asked the same quetsion and no wont effect geometry when you change tyres mate.

@Sang - if you have any tyre wear then there is something wrong so would suggest getting it checked out mate

Booked in 2nd June 10am. Have to leave Worcester at 7.30am to get there tho :(

That was the same for me i left at 7.30 and got there for 9.30 but sat nav hasnt got exact location so i was driving around like an idiot for 15 minutes :driving: thinking i just couldnt spot it then had a brainwave that maybe it would be a good idea to park up and ring STS and find out where they were. :whistling:

If worked out i would of been dricing around all day as i was at the wrong end of the road .... stupid sat nav :angry:

Look at the fronts and backs mate, have to admit my IS200 was lowered but that ate the inners both front and back.

The Aristo has done the same and that was the same, had some new tyres put on a few weeks back as they'd gotten dangerous!