Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have had my 220d Sport for 6 months now and I absolutely love it.

One little annoyance I have is with the wing mirrors.

I always turn the engine off and then think....flip my wing mirrors in but I then have to turn the ignition back on to do it cos it doesnt do it without ignition on. :angry:

Is it possible to program the car to fold in the "big ears" when I lock it....just like I could with a Peugeot hire car I had before I got the Lex.

Assistance much appreciated.

Rosie

Heh...

The same for me - always forgotting to press magic button :)

I think that it is really good idea too have such setting - but it seems it is not possible to do in current IS models...

I asked my dealer the other week if there was such an update to the software to do this and they said no! :(

Which is a shame, my peugeot 407 used to do that when I locked it.

What's worse is that you can programme it on some cars (a Pug 307) from the dash/readout...Lexus need to sort out the Personalisation stuff for the UK market - but they don't seem to listen...

Been covered many times -

I actually push the button, let the ears fold in, switch the car off and then push the mirror button again as if I was unfolding the mirrors.

That way they auto open/unfold again when I switch the engine on...and the timing is almost impeccable - you push down the clutch - hit the Engine Start button, the needles do their dance whilst the mirrors fold open, and then the car starts...

Pure precision...ish!

PS - I don't think you could sort the mirrors out to auto close and open, unless you really frig aound with the installation/switching - remember - it's not a toggle switch (like the door locking one), but a rocker type switch...it's either on or off....

I am not sure, but I think, that lexus IS doesn't work with CAN-BUS technology, what brings on one side more cables (more weight and cost) and minimum personalising, on the other side more reliability.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually push the button, let the ears fold in, switch the car off and then push the mirror button again as if I was unfolding the mirrors.

That way they auto open/unfold again when I switch the engine on...and the timing is almost impeccable - you push down the clutch - hit the Engine Start button, the needles do their dance whilst the mirrors fold open, and then the car starts...

I do that too and I used to it in the old IS so it is second nature to me.

Perhaps we should have a poll!!

At least we have the folding function as well as dipping in reverse. The USA spec has the dip but no fold on any model.

At least we have the folding function as well as dipping in reverse. The USA spec has the dip but no fold on any model.

Is that because US parking spaces are ahem a little wider than the UK to accomdate the larger framed person passing between cars?

I can't believe it - we get something that the yanks don't. Now I feel much better about us not having the IS350... :whistling:

Is that because US parking spaces are ahem a little wider than the UK to accomdate the larger framed person passing between cars?

I can't believe it - we get something that the yanks don't. Now I feel much better about us not having the IS350... :whistling:

LOC US members are still whinging about it :lol: , but as I pointed out they can get a new full spec 2007 250 for under £18,000...and around £18,500 for the 350 :angry: It must be those folding mirrors that make the diffence :whistling:

I'm sure someone could wire it up so that would close then when you swicth the car off, but is it worth it? More a annoyance...

Proper personalisation could include the ability for YOU to change these things rather than take it to the dealers...though it seems they want you to keep going back - making you visit them, get tempted by the glitzy showroom, buy another car...then another...stay loyal...

Must have been dreamt up by some highly paid psychologist...

• 2 weeks later...