Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Those Antitheft Dust Cap Covers....

got to the car this morning to find the alloy wheels 'clean' around the dustcap area. first thought was someone has been trying to get the dust cap covers off. so a big thanks to the person who recommended the anti theft dust cap covers (the ones that spin and spin and spin). would love to have seen the morons faces as they were trying.

looks like they had a go at all wheels before giving up.

A very light smearing of dog or cat **** around the base of one of the caps would be a nice surprise for them - just remember to hose it off before checking your tyre pressures!

got to the car this morning to find the alloy wheels 'clean' around the dustcap area. first thought was someone has been trying to get the dust cap covers off. so a big thanks to the person who recommended the anti theft dust cap covers (the ones that spin and spin and spin). would love to have seen the morons faces as they were trying.

looks like they had a go at all wheels before giving up.

What, how, where???

I have not heard of these, how do they work and where do you get them? Also, how do you get round them?

Produced by Richbrook mate. They can be had from www.speeding.co.uk

Worth every penny believe me :D

They operate by having a casing around the valve which just spins if you try to undo them. You require a "key" to remove the caps. It can be fiddly but saves money IMO so worth it :)

j

Brilliant!

It is normally kids want them for their bikes! Good idea....

The Richbrook ones are brilliant.

Until you get idiots like me who lose the key, can't check his tyre pressures and then have to have them all taken off with piers at Kwik Fit when new tyres are needed. Paid the extra £4 at Kik Fit for their very nice chrome ones to replace the now knackered Richbrook ones. They looked lovely for 48 hrs until the kids knicked them again. Back to black plastic now.

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-Anti-Theft-Tyr...9QQcmdZViewItem

I will let you know how good these are once I have fitted them.

I had those for a while, make sure you grease the locking screw once they are on the wheels as they tend to rust VERY quickly & look bad. Mine now in the bin back to black plastic.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure I keep on top of the rust with some good old WD40. In a worst case I can always put the original valves back on.