Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another E-bay Joker

This Tezza came up on a previous topic, the seller thinks it's an RS200 and is insisting that it is 220 Bhp.

I sent him a message asking him how he managed to get 220 Bhp out of a N/A 1G-FE engine and got this reply "i brought it has a 220 bhp car".

I then sent another message telling him that if that were the case he had unfortunately been conned by the previous owner. I politely pointed out that the car is an AS200 the same as the UK spec IS200 and was 153 Bhp and suggested that he edit the title and listing as they are misleading. No response.

A few messages from fellow LOC'ers on the subject may persuade him of the error of his ways and save another poor mug from being conned.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quote;

"Hi,

Ive been looking into buying an Altezza and know of two different variants, the AS and RS Altezza. I was lead to believe that the AS was the same spec as a UK IS200. Could you please provide evidence of the cars actual bhp figure?

Cheers,

Kaz."

See what he says..... :shifty:

I think he has proved it enough you doubting Thomas', look;

IT IS A LEXUS IS 200 / TOYOTA ALTEZZA RS 200 VVTI WITH A BEAMS 2000 ENGINE, 24 VALVE, 2 LITRE, STRAIGHT 6 CYLINDER. WHEN I BROUGHT THIS CAR IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A 220 BHP CAR (I DO HAVE THE PAPER WORK TO PROVE THIS). I DID TAKE A COUPLE OF ALTEZZAS OUT PREVIOUS TO ME BUYING THIS ONE AND THEY WAS NOT AS FAST AS THIS ONE I HAVE FOR SALE HERE

See, they was not as fast as this one!!! :lol:

Whay are some people just so ignorant!!!

I would never buy a car before looking into first and finding out all about hence why i joined the LOC originally.

Beams engine and a straight 6 that is really impressive i wonder where he bought it from i might see of they've got any more and swap mine :lol:

I do feel sorry for him though he really has been conned .... or he's trying to con someone :shifty:

I do feel sorry for him though he really has been conned .... or he's trying to con someone :shifty:

Exactly, someone will buy that car just on the 220Bhp tag alone.

Whay are some people just so ignorant!!!

I would never buy a car before looking into first and finding out all about hence why i joined the LOC originally.

Beams engine and a straight 6 that is really impressive i wonder where he bought it from i might see of they've got any more and swap mine :lol:

Just to clarify... the AS will also have "BEAMS" on the engine cover :winky: Dual VVTi is what makes the the difference and only the RS200 has that... ;)

Dont mean to ask a silly question but if you dont ask you will never know!

How can you tell thats its an AS and not a RS because i know :tsktsk: all about imports.

J.T

P.S you could always email the buyer to let them know and they could retract their bid.

How can you tell thats its an AS and not a RS because i know :tsktsk: all about imports.

J.T

P.S you could always email the buyer to let them know and they could retract their bid.

easiest way is look in the engine bay....

if there are 6 headers on the exhaust manifold then it's an AS200

whereas if it has 4 headers it's an RS200

Because the AS200 is six cylinder and the RS200 is only 4 cylinder... :winky:

J.T

easiest way is look in the engine bay....

if there are 6 headers on the exhaust manifold then it's an AS200

whereas if it has 4 headers it's an RS200

Because the AS200 is six cylinder and the RS200 is only 4 cylinder... :winky:

Thanks for that. You learn something new everyday!

I dont mean to pick more holes in this seller but if the car is registered as a IS200 then i'd like to know who registered it!!

Anyone had any replies from him yet?

I've sent him a message also - "Hi there i curremtly have an IS200 and have been looking at swapping to an Altezza RS200 but i have noticed that the one you have for sale is the 6 cylinder engine which is the AS200 with 153 bhp engine. Do you have proof of the 220 bhp and what modifications have been done to reach this figure. Thanks very much and look forward to hearing from you."

I do feel sorry for him though if he genuinely thought the car is what he's got it advertised as.

Do you think we should inform the people who are bidding on the car to inform them of the information errors.

Actually there were some modified cars out there with the 1G-FE in them, I seem to remember a really old post by a guy called BamBam - he bought one - 6 cylinder and posted on here and the Aus forums how quick it was, from what I remember it was Blue with the gold alloys and the black / red interior, that was running in the 200bhp range from the 6 cylinder, not sure what they'd done to it though!

There was a lot of doubt on here but it was some really rare model.

May be the same here?

Car looks standard in those pics - just had a look and this was the thread I was looking for - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=5533&hl= - told you it was old - it's four years old - I need to get out more :lol:

Actually there were some modified cars out there with the 1G-FE in them, I seem to remember a really old post by a guy called BamBam - he bought one - 6 cylinder and posted on here and the Aus forums how quick it was, from what I remember it was Blue with the gold alloys and the black / red interior, that was running in the 200bhp range from the 6 cylinder, not sure what they'd done to it though!

There was a lot of doubt on here but it was some really rare model.

May be the same here?

Car looks standard in those pics - just had a look and this was the thread I was looking for - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=5533&hl= - told you it was old - it's four years old - I need to get out more :lol:

Yes mate, i thought about those Qualitat models, but they were only available in Dark blue with Gold wheels asaik

@ Aido - If anyone, including TRD, had tuned an N/A 1G-FE to 200+ Bhp do you not think that they would be all over the place like a rash after 4 years?

Not if they're incredibly rare mate, I've been in the club nearly four years now and I've still not seen a TRD Qualitat Altezza to date!

Would be interested to see what they did to Bam Bam's though, guess we'll never really know the answer to that one!

Loads of Qualitat RS200's over here.... what was the TRD version?

anyway back to the one for sale... have you seen his engine bay? thats not even clean let alone modded

I think he's been telling some porky's :lol:

Ive had a reply saying im welcome to see the original bit of paper stating it has 220 bhp.....like id waste my time! :P

So he's basing the bhp figure on an original advertisement stating it's 220 bhp..... right ok then i'm going to sell mine as 250 :lol:

Some people scare me :ohmy:

i have just spoken to the guy about the car and he has confirmed that the car is 220bhp, i got him to send me the written proof and here it is for all to see................

med_gallery_6300_24_7408.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jason :P