Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another E-bay Joker

Well he's changed the advert now, he's stating at the bottom of the page that it's an AS200 not an RS200. Not that you'd know from the title (can you change that, actually?)

I always think the key with eBay is to 'buy the seller' before thinking about buying the product, especially with an expensive and complicated item like a car. Would anyone really go for someone writing pages of poorly spelt 'gangsta speek', most of which is complete rubbish?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
28 spelling errors, his spelling of the same words seems to vary throughout the listing! Jeeez...

Possibly English might not be his first language :unsure: .... seen alot of it on foreign holidays, can be very funny :lol:

My question to him: :shutit:

That car is not 220bhp, more like 153bhp AS200, no way anyone will buy it with those false statements. If you were told buy whoever you bought it from that its 220bhp you were lied to unfortunately. You better off trying to sell it as a Toyota Altezza AS200

I asked the seller a question..see below.

I wonder what his response will be other than to tell me to go :tsktsk: myself

"Hi, firstly your car is not a Lexus IS200. Its a Toyota Altezza AS200. Secondly the "2.0 VVTI BEAMS 2000 ENGINE 24 VALVE, STRAIGHT 6 CYLINDER ENGINE (VERY FAST) 220 BHP" is actually 153 horsepower, so unless the car has had some major tuning of which documentry evidence should be produced i.e a Dyno chart from a Tuning Company with a rolling road, then you should realy stop the claims of vast increases in horsepower ober standard. If you were told by whoever you bought it from that its 220bhp you were lied to unfortunately. You better off trying to sell it as a Toyota Altezza AS200 which is 153 BHP. The later 18" wheels are the only thing Lexus about the entire car, and as for "THE JAP ONE HAS GOT BETTER SPECIFICATIONS AND BETTER PERFORMANCE", maybe this needs reconsidering as my Lexus IS200 has heated electrically adjustable leather with side air-bags, not manually adjustable cloth. Also the Engine Size: 198 cc is incorrect.When you have corrected these details I will place my bid."

I just dont understand some people. I would never buy a car without knowing everything about it before hand and i would never sell a car without all the correct information.

I think someone should go round and see the buyer and take him for a lesson on cars!!

He may sell it to some one then that thinks they're buying a 220 bhp IS200!! I hope he never sells it unless he starts being hones. If he thinks he has to lie about the car to sell it then he's seriously mistaken as these cars sell themself!

Even though its looks an edentical engine it is quite possible for a BEAMS spec to produce more horsepower as the head, valves or internals configoration may be different

Even though its looks an edentical engine it is quite possible for a BEAMS spec to produce more horsepower as the head, valves or internals may be different

I do agree but he has no proof to state the figure and thats a big difference in power for the 6 cylinder engine.

Even though its looks an edentical engine it is quite possible for a BEAMS spec to produce more horsepower as the head, valves or internals may be different

I do agree but he has no proof to state the figure and thats a big difference in power for the 6 cylinder engine.

True, it might not have the power output he states but it is possible it produced more power than an IS

True, it might not have the power output he states but it is possible it produced more power than an IS

I have seen the AS200 listed on Japanese extracted documents as having 160bhp not 153bhp.... i just put the difference down to better fuel in Japan, but there may be more to it...

Also I've been told it has a similar fuel tank to the RS200 which is 60lt whereas doesn't the IS200 have a 70lt tank?

The factory power output of an AS200 is 160bhp so it has an extra 7bhp over an IS, The head is only different on the Rs200 which has the 3sge engine in it and even that doesnt push out 220bhp! If he did have any head,valves or internals done im sure he would have metioned that :unsure:

AFAIK the term BEAMS was/is used in Japan to denote an engine with VVTi, it is therefore generic and no indication of any special tuning.

thats correct BEAMS means nothing, its just a name that Toyota japan gives to the Engines

BEAMS = Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System

It was just a Japanese marketing slogan / acronym conjured up to mesmerize Japanese people.

and for people with Altezzas to think they have a wonder engine :whistling:

thats correct BEAMS means nothing, its just a name that Toyota japan gives to the Engines

It was just a Japanese marketing slogan / acronym conjured up to mesmerize Japanese people.

My 3S-GE engine IS wonderful!! :winky:

My 3S-GE engine IS wonderful!! :winky:

But you still deep down want an IS hence your capital is :lol: :P

200+ BHP may not "set the world on fire" in this day and age but to get that from a N/A 2 litre engine is pretty impressive. Apart from anything else I like the red BEAMS logo on my engine cover, so there Mr C :lol:

To quote wikipedia....

3S-GE BEAMS

The fourth generation of the Toyota 3S-GE series. This series is technically advanced, even more so than the 2JZ-GTE. The first generation engine (Red Top) uses single cam VVT-i, the second (Black Top) employs dual VVT-i (on both the intake and exhaust) to provide 150 kW. It is available on the Toyota Altezza, Celica, Corona and MR2.

:whistling:

N/A with over 100bhp per liter ... what would give us that idea of having a "wonder" engine,

still though i won't mind a "less advanced 2JZ-GTE" in the engine bay....

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links