Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Lid Open

After reading a topic on here its just reminded me that id like to source something for my boot lid so when I press the key fob it springs open, as at present it just about pops up an inch!

I've searched through topics and threads but to no avail....

I know their has been some members on here that have done such a mod, any tips, pictures or guides much appreciated!

Cheers,

Kaz :D

You can buy upgraded springs witch come with boot spoilers, but they are arkward/fiddly to fit as ive done a few when fitting spoilers.

or

Ive just put some silicone based lubricant round the boot seal on mine this helps it not to stick and should just pop up alot easier.

You can buy upgraded springs witch come with boot spoilers, but they are akward/fiddly to fit as ive done a few when fitting spoilers.

or

Ive just put some silicone based lubricant round the boot seal on mine this helps it not to stick and should just pop up alot easier.

Yeah, I will give the rubber a good clean and apply some silicone to it. I was after something a little more substantial. Where can you get the springs from?

How long did it take you to fit a spring?

Cheers

I've thought about the stronger springs, but over time they weaken too, and besides, if you don't have a proper spoiler on the back, they're far too powerful - hard enough to crack the rear screen if you were parked on a hill........

There's also this from a while back........ LINK

Having resurrected this idea, it's got me thinking about doing it again......just still not sure about doing things like drilling my back seat myself! ;)

Yeah, I will give the rubber a good clean and apply some silicone to it. I was after something a little more substantial. Where can you get the springs from?

How long did it take you to fit a spring?

Spings usauly come as part of a spoiler kit, but a lot of main dealers have these floating about from warrenty repairs and stuff like that. Don't now if any other motor factor place can get hold of them.

Fitting the spings takes about 5 mins (after many fitments mind you) but there was a special lever tool that came with the kit, so make sure you get that as well if your going down that route.

Steve.

Tried RS for a gas strut but it appears that they are out of stock.

However I have found this site CLICK ME Think you want the bottom one on this page. Click details and you can select the type of end fittings you'd like.

Just need to find a piece of aluminium as a bracket.....anyone got any ideas?