Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Body Kit

Tango

Link not working.

+1 Got my attention too. Whats this about. Link not working

Try again :)

Tango did you bring yours back in the cabin or in the hold. Will be in States this summer, If its a viable option to do it that way then wa hay. Would hate to get to airport and have a nasty surprise a la " sorry buddy"

Tango did you bring yours back in the cabin or in the hold. Will be in States this summer, If its a viable option to do it that way then wa hay. Would hate to get to airport and have a nasty surprise a la " sorry buddy"

You cannot put it in the cabin because it comes in a box that's approximately 72""x17"x7". Brought it back in the hold. You'll need to reinforce the box to stop it being crushed. I used extra cardboard taped inside and also taped all the joints up. I checked the BA size limit before I bought it, and it's something like 90" x 30" x 12" (a lot bigger than the box anyway).

Need to bring the OEM sides back next trip...they're referred to as 'side mudguards'. They're wider than the originals they replace so perhaps they'll stop some of the crap that splashes up the doors.

You cannot put it in the cabin because it comes in a box that's approximately 72""x17"x7". Brought it back in the hold. You'll need to reinforce the box to stop it being crushed. I used extra cardboard taped inside and also taped all the joints up. I checked the BA size limit before I bought it, and it's something like 90" x 30" x 12" (a lot bigger than the box anyway).

Need to bring the OEM sides back next trip...they're referred to as 'side mudguards'. They're wider than the originals they replace so perhaps they'll stop some of the crap that splashes up the doors.

what would be the approx cost of the complete kit. I still would have to get it fitted ( unless its really straight forward) as im not confident I wouldnt bodge it

There will be 4 of us traveliing(2 kids) so might be able to bring the whole thing back. They come pre painted right?

what would be the approx cost of the complete kit. I still would have to get it fitted ( unless its really straight forward) as im not confident I wouldnt bodge it

There will be 4 of us traveliing(2 kids) so might be able to bring the whole thing back. They come pre painted right?

The choice is yours :)

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/struct.p...mp;model_id=133

The choice is yours :)

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/struct.p...mp;model_id=133

thanks for that. A good site. Did you fit your kit yourself? Did you have to drill/ cut stuff?

thanks for that. A good site. Did you fit your kit yourself? Did you have to drill/ cut stuff?

Yes and yes...fitting instructions call for various slots and holes, the most difficult being the boot but only in preventing metal cuttings from lodging inside the door panels (I used a rather strong magnet and tape.

Several people in the States have just cut the studs/bolts off the boot spoiler and doubled up on the 3M adhesive tape, but I wouldn't recommend you do that, certainly not on the front spoiler.

The sides do not require drilling as they fit with tape and the original end bolts.

The rear replacement sill is a waste of time and money IMHO as it's max pain (fitting) for no significant gain (looks) :whistling: ..

:duh:

Yes and yes...fitting instructions call for various slots and holes, the most difficult being the boot but only in preventing metal cuttings from lodging inside the door panels (I used a rather strong magnet and tape.

Several people in the States have just cut the studs/bolts off the boot spoiler and doubled up on the 3M adhesive tape, but I wouldn't recommend you do that, certainly not on the front spoiler.

The sides do not require drilling as they fit with tape and the original end bolts.

The rear replacement sill is a waste of time and money IMHO as it's max pain (fitting) for no significant gain (looks) :whistling: ..

Thanks for the heads up. Have 3months to wait for car so have plenty of time to obsess about how I want to mod it. Tint first then ....................

• 8 months later...

when i bought mine they said that had only been a option in the uk for about a month.

thought it might be a sales pitch, but it looked so good had to have it.

at that time as far as i know they came just primed so had to wait a couple of days for painting & fitting.

Not sure what it's called but definitely available, saw a demo car at Lexus Woodford with the whole bodykit on about a year ago............

Also put a link on here a few days ago about how they're adding it for £500 on new IS250s