Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought My Is200 Yesterday

I took the gamble, bought an IS200 from the auction without seeing the engine or testdriving it. It's a 2001 silver SE model with auto transmission. Only worried about the high mileage (112000) but its got full Lexus service history with all the invoices and glad the timing belt has been changed. Also noticed a knocking noise when turning the steering while my foot is pressing the brake. Apart from that it drives much better than my previous C180.

I noticed that the wheel lock nut is missing, where can I get one? Is it universal?

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

As Jamie said high mileage shouldnt be a problem as you have full service history. The knocking noise could be the brakes, could be pads loose and knocking or discs causing the knocking as it only happens when you brake and turn.

Think the locking nut maybe the same but if not you can get them removed by a garage and get some more mate. If you speak to lexus they may be able help.

Welcome to LOC :D

Sounds like your car has just been ran in... :P

Think the only way to get the wheel nut off is to take it to a garage. Id imagine each locking wheel nut is different, but I could be wrong!

Congrats on your purchase!

Hi all.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Was looking at the documents yesterday and luckily found the previous owner's number there and gave him a call. It was his wife I spoke to and said they were the second owner of the car and it's been looked after / serviced properly, never get abused and no accident repair done. They only sold it because they didn't want to loose too much on the value if they keep it longer. Also been told where the locking nut is. Quite happy to hear all those. The engine was a lot quieter on idle than my previous 60K miles c class merc.

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

At the worst the sound from your car could be lower or upper wishbones at a guess,hopefully its the brake pads.

Whos going to be the first to ask to see some pictures of the new car :D

Is it a common lexus fault and a big job to do? Photos to follow soon. Thanks.

Richard

Is it a common lexus fault and a big job to do? Photos to follow soon. Thanks.

Richard

There are not many common faults with Lexus only minor ones. You wont find you get many problems at all as long as you look after it.

It's good news about the wheel nut and 2nd owners comments. Hopefully you'll have many miles happy motoring. :D