Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Innovatek Dvd System

Hello people, I recently had a DVD system installed but it is from the US. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the TV reception from NTSC (American) to PAL (Our reception). It is an Innovatek system and runs through my non standard install. Also when I turn the unit off, it does not save the settings I had prior to cutting power, eg, where the film/cd was, sound settings, etc. I can live with it but it is starting to p**s me off now.

Any help would be so much appreciated. Tom :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I spoke to a fella at the local auto electrics and he asked if it was wired to the ignition, of course I dont know because I didnt fit it but could this be the reason?? Apparently if its not wired to the ignition and as soon as you turn the ignition either off or stall and turn iy back on, it doesnt remember what point the settings were at. I need some help if anyone knows. Cheers, Tom

• 2 weeks later...
if you lose the settings when you turn ignition off that means you are powered via the ignition not the permanent +12V

Could it be done by a rank amateur, like me or does it need to go to the audio shop... again?? Could you let me know how to do this please??

Thanks, Tom :)