Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greetings From Scooby_si

scooby_si

how do folks,

Just thought i'd pop by to torment you as after doing some research i'm looking for a LS400 to relieve my boredome of my dull mondeo, after owning impreza (hence the name, hilux & RX7 over the last few years suffice to say the ford doesn't quite hack the pace & i only ever got it as a cheap 2nd car for the RX7 so i could get classic car insurance.

Anyway gob shyte mode off i'm sure i'll be asking lots of silly questions in the fullness of time.

Do you lot go to the main jap shows of the year i recall seeing a few lexii (was that what alan partirdge called them?) the other year at JAE or one of the main ones...?

Tata for now

Si

i'm working to a tight budget shall we say although i know with all cars it's best to get the best you can & works out cheaper usually in long run, my original plan was to wait till i had more to play with with the idea of a S8 or M5 but as i say got bored already just with mondeo (spent the spare cash from RX7 etc on new place)

I'm going to aim for a '95 on higher milage if need be as it seems they are relatively bulletproof, and i dont just mean compared to a rotary engine ;) lol.

Si (tries to keep control of himself & not just buy the first cheap one on ebay)

Hello and welcome to the club

Sure you wont have a problem with the reliability as at the end of the day it is a lexus :D

We're also going to have a stand at Jap show on the 24th June

Hope you find a decent LS soon thats the right price

oooohhh just had a bit of a stab in the dark bid on a reasonable sounding, yes i know far from cunning not checking it out properly, 93 on eBay.

Got outbid but i'm only guna go higher for a 95+ so all good in the fullness of time hopefully.......

Si

any other good places to look besides the usual eBay, autotrader & here of course? There seems to be a fair few up but most those on autotrader had sold when i called about them although at least if im being positive means there are usually a few good choices out there which should bear fruit in time & i'm not in a desperate rush.......

Cheers all

Si

looks liek it maybe destiny to have a lex as said older one i was bidding on has come back with 2nd chance offer after being messed about, down side is i'd just won a BMW 740i cheap as chips on same age & milage but i think i'm guna be an annoying ebayer & bail out the BM (&offer seller the difference to 2nd best bid as payment for peaing about) & snap the 93 lex up :D

I'll be back with pix once i;ve sorted it out.

Rather annoyingly i;ve been invited to a wedding on the Sunday of JAE which is just plain rude there best be fit bridesmaids or i'm writing a letter to my MEP ;) lol

Si

So far so good, scarey how quick & to use the clichee smooth it is :D

Few small issues i was expecting but hopefully nothing major, specifically, the ole black LCD air con things, broken drivers door handle (not sure if this is common or easy to fix?) & small crack in rear bumper. But looks & goes pretty sweet otherwise so lets hope i'm one of the lucky eBay purchasers :D

Certainly impressed so far just need to fill up with juice & see if i can fill me wallet back up to get her a few goodies to get her looking even sweeter :D

Cheers for help so far.

Si

can but hope & nothing too major all going well.

noticed the infamous flickering speedo lights on start up this morning so i'll do a bit more research into that although it stopped when i turned lights on & off. small bubblkes in paintwork by passenger windows but again not that bothered it is a 14 year old car :D

Few pix:

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Si

oh & aerial doesn't seem to want to go up & down on it's own but again nowt to cry about.......

Si