Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loosing Coolant

Well woke up this morning to go to work and I noticed a wet patch under the IS2. Popped the bonnet to take a look and opened the radiator cap, no coolant!!! Topped it up and drove off. What does this mean? Leaky radiator? Duff waterpump? Just been out to take another look, again another wet patch. The last time the waterpump was replaced was at 53k, car has now done 89k.

Alright mate, It could be a number of things. The most common fault is the by pass pipe above the water pump its only a small pipe, with to rubber O rings on either end, they tend to leak from there. Also Check the top and bottom radiator hoses. If you had a water pump at 53k, I would be very surprised if it leaked again after 30k. If all these are ok then the only thing I'd say it could be is the rad.

Thanks for the info shak, will look into this.

Worst case, I maybe looking at a new radiator, does anyone have a spare one going, in good nick? I believe someone on LOC used advanced radiators to source a replacement?

Just been outside to take another look, if you kneel down and look at the radiator straight on there is a wet patch on the radiator in the bottom right hand corner. I think I'm looking at a replacement rad? Anyone confirm?

bottom RH as you look at the car or when u look from the drivers seat?

if its around the pipe maybe the pipe has perished a bit, if its nowhere near a pipe then ur prob looking at a new rad.

bottom RH as you look at the car. its difficult to tell- the whole bottom rh area of the rad is wet, including pipes

if the rad does have a small leak/hole, can i get away with just putting in some radweld? funds are tight at the mo....

Alright mate, I wouldn't use a rad weld really, we have had a few cars come into the garage where the customer used rad weld, it ended up seizing the water pump after a few months and slipping the timing belt, but some people have used it and its been alright. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. I used these guys when my radiator went, It only cost £150 including delivery

Northern radiator group

The unit was brand new and comes with warranty, only took 2 days for delivery.

Mat had a radiator for sale a while ago, take a look in the buy section.

I have used rad welds in the past and recomended them with no prob's

I think that the radiator that Mat had has been sold.

Anyhow, I've ordered a replacement radiator online for £146. Since the radiator is going to be taken out and replaced, the timing belt, idler and tensioner are all going to be replaced as well. Also need to replace my rear disks and pads. Gonna be a busy boy this weekend coming....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links