Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Immobilizer Is Hacked Already, Which Anti-theft System?

How about fitting a Disclock type device to the car? Sure they can bypass the electrical wizzardry - but soemthing mechanical might delay them or even put them off from trying?

*** Bless the Free Market eh?

Yes, i think it is good idea to use some clearly visibly mechanical device...

How do you think - which of them is most useful on IS?

Some steering wheel locking?

We've definitely come to a turning point.

Most expensive stolen cars over here end in up driving around in eastern Europe (including Russia). Mine was found there too. Finally they got an interesting car driving around in Russia and someone over here decided to retrieve some of the losses from the past :duh:

Unfortunately, this is true - really huge amount of stolen cars are finally driven in East Europe and Russia...

It is a big kind of a "business" - sometimes even official car dealers (!!!) can sell stolen European cars...

Regading statistics, it is very rare condition when some stealed car will be found (by interpol for example), and it is really hard to imagine that someone will try to return a car from such countries...

That's funny, but a new owner of stolen car is protected by law - even if it is known that car was stolen somewhere in Europe - he can continue to drive it (and he can loose it only in one situation - if previous owner will try to return it back).

Every day there is a hundreds (!!!) of stolen cars only in Moscow...

That's why it is really huge business - we can talk about millions of stolen cars and billions of $ :(

Only one thing is making me a little bit happier - cars from UK (right-hand wheel) must be not so "popular" in such countries...

[quote

It might only take them 30 seconds to get by it but if the car beside doesn't have one which one do you think they will go for.

30 seonds seems like it would be an eternity sat in some unknown guys car when you aint supposed to be there for sure. So taking the lexus parked next to it would be the obvious choice except for how often do you see two same model lexus parked next to each other. The relative rarity of the IS250 was one of the reasons I ever went to have a look at them in the first place.

Anyone using this level of sofistication is not your joyriding/ need to get home pond scum type. These are pros who steal to order to exact colour and spec. Visible anti theft just tells them which technique they are gonna need to use once inside. What will make them give up(this time) is not knowing what/where/how to overcome your covert (hidden kill switches etc) security.

The pro that try and fail today will have logged your car as a "lift only" car for next time. Dont know any of this for sure but I believe the pros do keep records of where potential target cars are regularly parked, so why wouldnt they note which cars have proved problematic to take using conventional model specific theft technique.

This is all pointless - keep it insured, don't get too attached, and if anyone tries to car-jack you just don't try and stop them - you'll end up dead!

If after all of that you would still like your car ack, stick a Tracker in it...

If they're gonna take it, they're gonna take it!

Agree with the car jacking plan to let them take it.

Disagree with it being pointless trying to preempt theft with alittle obstacle course. Anyone who pays 30k+ for a car today, only to have it stolen in 18months time is going to be about 8-10k short of what it will take to replace it when the insurance cheque finally lands on the mat. There is gap insurance but how many of you have it?

if anyone tries to car-jack you just don't try and stop them - you'll end up dead!

So true, our unfriendly neighbours from former Jugoslavia, Poland, Rumenia and Russia continue their motherland habits. That is: carry weapons and don't hesitate to use them because even if it means death, prison is worse.

guy I know from Germany got shot at by Polish thieves trying to steal his Audi A8.

This is all pointless - keep it insured, don't get too attached, and if anyone tries to car-jack you just don't try and stop them - you'll end up dead!

If after all of that you would still like your car ack, stick a Tracker in it...

If they're gonna take it, they're gonna take it!

Agree with the car jacking plan to let them take it.

Disagree with it being pointless trying to preempt theft with alittle obstacle course. Anyone who pays 30k+ for a car today, only to have it stolen in 18months time is going to be about 8-10k short of what it will take to replace it when the insurance cheque finally lands on the mat. There is gap insurance but how many of you have it?

You are spot on - but we did take the GAP policy :D hence my response, and I agree that you hae to do what you can to keep it protected.

My issue with Tracker is that if my car gets stolen I don't want it back...its not mine enymore. Thats how I view it. If its gone then I hope its found as a burnt out, stripped out shell - so I can then get a payout and go buy another one.

I don't want a car back thats been stolen...

But from a technical standpoint, a Tracker is an excellent piece of kit that can be fooledto. If they're gonna want it, then they will tae it...and I for one would let them have it - my life and family safety is worth more than any car.

• 2 months later...

A little tip, when locking your car with the button on the handle, push it twice within 2.5 seconds and it double locks it(cant be unlocked from inside i.e. if a thief smashes window and tries to use the unlock tab it doesn't work). This can also be done by pushing the lock button on the remote twice within 5 seconds- would be better if it double locked with only one push of the button if it isn't askin too much lexus GB, perhaps so considering they can't make european lexus lock when you drive off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links