Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi People

My HID kit for my GS300 turned up today and I can't wait to fit it but I have notived a problem. The colour of the wires on the car loom are white and red but the wires on the ballast are black and red. Would I be right in assuming that red would go to red and white would go to black? I just don't fancy blowing anything up. :blink: The kit I bought from eBay are the rebranded philips ballasts and bulbs so hopefully I have got a good kit for my £95 quid.

Discs and pads are next Mr Prolex.

Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Hi People

My HID kit for my GS300 turned up today and I can't wait to fit it but I have notived a problem. The colour of the wires on the car loom are white and red but the wires on the ballast are black and red. Would I be right in assuming that red would go to red and white would go to black? I just don't fancy blowing anything up. :blink: The kit I bought from ebay are the rebranded philips ballasts and bulbs so hopefully I have got a good kit for my £95 quid.

Discs and pads are next Mr Prolex.

Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Yep thats what id do

My Kit didn't have colour coded wires and I initially plugged them in the wrong way round. Didn't cause any problems though. However, I'm pretty sure you can assume that the red is live and the white is ground.

My Kit didn't have colour coded wires and I initially plugged them in the wrong way round. Didn't cause any problems though. However, I'm pretty sure you can assume that the red is live and the white is ground.

OK lads. Thanks for the advice. So long as I don't end up in a pile of ash I shall stick some pics up of what they look like.

Cheers again for the advice.