Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Millers Diesel Additive Powersport 4

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used Miller's Power Sport 4 deisel additive. I know on other forums guys swear by it, this includes BMW, VW, Audi and Seat drivers. All have had an improvement in mpg, a quiter engine and some have noticed improvements in responsiveness.

They seem to swear by using a good qualti fuel, such as shell or BP, with this additive.

Just wondering whether anyone on here has used naything similiar?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used Miller's Power Sport 4 deisel additive. I know on other forums guys swear by it, this includes BMW, VW, Audi and Seat drivers. All have had an improvement in mpg, a quiter engine and some have noticed improvements in responsiveness.

They seem to swear by using a good qualti fuel, such as shell or BP, with this additive.

Just wondering whether anyone on here has used naything similiar?

Not yet mate - but I would run it past the dealer/Lexus. The car is E5 compliant and I am sure I have seen something somewhere which mentions that you should not use any over the counter fuel additives... :o

Jamboo....

Another quick one....I've just read on a couple of websites that Euro V compliance will come into effect from 2009. Are you sure that the Lexus engine is E5? My understanding was that it was E4...I may be mistaken.

Checked that Miller specfically states the new Power version of the additive works with all EIV compliant engines....something to think about I guess!

Their exact words are... 'Recommended especially for modern Euro IV compliant vehicles with catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters'

Cheers,

S.

You may be right......I've tqo websites.....one gives the technical specifications of the lexus and says its europ IV compliant, the other is a Toyota website and talks about the 2.2 litre diesel Avensis engine and the toyotal website says it is Euro IV compliant. Isn't this the same engine as the Lexus....

There must be some way we can find out. I'm only saying this because other drivers, BMW, Audi and Seat swear by this stuff. I spent a few hours reviewing various forums and only read good reviews about this stuff, so if it's ok to use, it would be really worth while.

Rich bee - I've only used the normal shell diesel and that I felt was miles better then than total diesel. Unfortunately my Shell station doesn't yet stock V-power shell diesel and don't have a BO nearby.

It's probably worth adding....

that I've added the Millers additive to the fuel in my last refill and over the last week (after fill-up) I've been doing 36 mpgs all urban. I have not done any motorway driving, all the driving has been local roads and roundabouts. When I first got the care my first fill up was averaging 30 mpgs, sometimes under for urban driving. The car has only done 600 miles so it's not the engine that's loosened up.

It could be the change to Shell fuel, because I was on Total before.

I'm now concerned that I may damage the engine after what Jamboo has said about the Eur V compliant engine!!

Problem is I did see a quite a drastice imrpovement in mpgs....!

To play it safe, my next fillup will probably be...Shell fuel only. It does make me think tho...I mean Miller's is only an additive, it increases the cetane rating by 4. Different diesel fuels have different detergents and addtives, so surely it can't be dong that much damage, especially when you consider the quality of super-market fuels?!

Don't better fuels just have more / different additives?

If you've used it anyway and you're seeing improvements then why not keep trying...

If it's a company car, then who cares anyway, you won't see the bill if it goes wrong - just blame Teso fuel :P

So while you guys are switching fuel brands and using additives (or not) what allowances are you making for the ECU.? Are you doing a manual reset each time or running through multiple tankfulls of your selected mix to allow it to reprogramme itself? :whistling:

I do remember the EURO V compliance statements, it's just that the website doesn't mention it anywhere now :blink: maybe they've had a change of heart :P

Maybe they've been rumbled... :o :lol:

Saggy - The best bet is to ask the dealer if Millers can be used, which I suspect it can - it surely can't have anything other than what BP Ultimate, for example would have. But they need to tell you!!

Or you can contact the additives manufacturer direct and ask them.

The issue is that the car has a very sophisticated emissions control system, which will include a super-duper cat converter etc, and they should be able to check to see if there is any risk of damage etc. If you're seeing a 15-20% increase in consumption then it's clearly working!!

BTW - I believe that the T180 Toyota angine and the IS220d have the same unit, my local Toyota dealer told me so :blush:

Just had a read through the new IS booklet at it says "The IS 220d comfortably exceeds the rigorous Euro IV emissions standards"

I could have swarn that I had been told that it was Euro V by someone but seams not.

Here are the EURO V emmisons limits:

CO 0,50g/km

HC+Nox 0,25g/km

NOx 0,2g/km

PM 0,005g/km

IS220d has:

CO: 0,13g/km

HC+NOx: 0,16g/km

NOx: 0,16g/km

PM 0,002 g/km

In all aspects the IS220d has no problem to be under those limits, so I believe it is euro V compliant.

So while you guys are switching fuel brands and using additives (or not) what allowances are you making for the ECU.? Are you doing a manual reset each time or running through multiple tankfulls of your selected mix to allow it to reprogramme itself? :whistling:

how can I do the reset? I've never done it.

Thanks guys....

Although I've used it....I'm thinking it could be doing some damage, that's my only concern, so sooner or laater it will catch-up with me. Good point it being a company car, I can always blame it on the type of fuel. All fuels are different, so how will they know whether I added any additive.

I'm gonna try it just with shell and see how it goes, if there is a difference I'll switch back to the additive.

On matus' point, how do you do an ecu reset?

Hi guys...

Thought it worth sharing that I've just had an email response from Millers oils Technical Manager regarding this additive. He says that the additive is Euro V compliant, the reason this isn't stated on the bottle is because when this was released Euro V wasn't even being talked about.

S.

Hi guys...

Thought it worth sharing that I've just had an email response from Millers oils Technical Manager regarding this additive. He says that the additive is Euro V compliant, the reason this isn't stated on the bottle is because when this was released Euro V wasn't even being talked about.

S.

Good to know - where do you get this stuff from? I'd like to have a look....the decide whether I'll try it... :blink:

Hi guys...

S.

Good to know - where do you get this stuff from? I'd like to have a look....the decide whether I'll try it... :blink:

Jamboo,

You can get it off eBay or from netparts.co.uk

Take a look. Also it might be worth searching google. I ran a search on 'anyone used Millers Diesel Additive power sport 4' and it can up with a few forum discussions. Might be worth a look....

S.