Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Question For The Boys With Arb's

el_gencer

I'm looking in to getting ARB's installed on to my car but need a few things answering first. So here are my questions :-

1) Would you recommend installing ARB's on a car thats mainly going to be used for road use

2) Do they make any strange sounds

3) Whats a good priced kit with adjustable drop links

4) Will they really make that much of a difference to the ride quality when matched up to my tein type flex setup ?

Thanks

1) Yes, but i didn;t notice such huge gains in performance as others, probably due to my ride height being pretty low! But still a decent improvement laterally :)

2) No.

3) TRD Yellows... I think they go for £300? However they are fixed, Hochkis (sp?) are the only ones I can think of with 2 position settings...

4) Shouldn't do anything to alter ride comfort, if anything with the decrease in body roll, it will make it more comfortable!

I fitted a set of TRD (yellows) arb's to my IS a while back & had no problems at all. They do stiffen up the ride & I have found I can corner much faster than before. Car does not suffer from any roll. I lowered the car at the same time so overall the handling improved significantly. I got mine of a LOC group buy (Mr Morse). I only use my car for road use but would recommend these as a decent improvement upgrade to your car. Hope this helps

Cheers

Bobby

Thanks guys, those were the answers i was hoping for. Now all i have to do buy a set and have some one install them.

Wheres the best place to get the TRD Yellow/Red arb's ? (with gold discount naturally ;-) )

Yellow TRD's aren't being produced anymore, Mr Morse managed to get us the 10 made :)

He still has 2 sets left from members who backed out.

As for Stiffness, The Yellows give an extra 49% stiffness on the front (afaik) and 99% at the rear really stiffening it up.

They will compilment the tein kit very well as they have done with mine :)

I know Dave has some C-One ARBs for £347, sure you'll get some Goldie discount off them.

Or Mike I think is selling the TRD Yellows for £400 afaik.

Not sire where you can get any others.

One thing I noticed was that shake in the cabin when you hit a pot hole, either on the left or right affects the whole car more as the bars are more rigid.

Massive improvement though, was well impressed when I had the TRD Yellows fitted, in my opinion the backend was more prone to stepping out with the TRD Yellows combined with the TTE coilovers I had!

I think one of the TTE ones, not sure if it's the front or the rear though, is also adjustable, think they have two or three settings on one of the bars.

just to clarify.... your car already has anti roll bars, when people talk about fitting ARB's they are referring to replacing their standard ones with stiffer aftermarket ones for reduced body roll...

hth

Yes they can mate :)

The only thing to be wary off with chassis braces is that you are reducing ground clearance so if you're lowering the car and catching already then forget about the chasis braces otherwise you'll be taking chunks out of them - it's why I could never fit them to my IS - I had trouble getting over the speed humps in the office so had to sell them!

In fact did you buy those braces from Anees?

Are they relatively easy to fit ? or would a garage have to do it. i'm assuming that a few of the bushes need to be changed when the go on. If that is the case then for me it would be a garage job.

Does anyone on the forums have the c-one's installed ?

I'm looking in to getting ARB's installed on to my car but need a few things answering first. So here are my questions :-

1) Would you recommend installing ARB's on a car thats mainly going to be used for road use

2) Do they make any strange sounds

3) Whats a good priced kit with adjustable drop links

4) Will they really make that much of a difference to the ride quality when matched up to my tein type flex setup ?

Thanks

1) yes it is a great improvement

2) mine do because the car is too low nd they hit the chassis on hard turns

3) the Hotchkiss cost me $350 delivered from l-tunedparts they are adjustable as the Eibach but stiffer (150% compared to OEM)

4) yes it is a must with lowered suspension

They are really easy to install, took me 1 hour to fit both, just get some WD40 on the bolts before.

Hotchkiss ones come with new bushes and grease flagon

yeah i replaced my std bars with TTE ones from Prolex.They have two/three settings and make a huge difference on their own,i havent dropped the car.Id certainly give them the thumbs up.Tdi do the ARBS from tte,prolex may still be able to source them for ya.

• 4 months later...
do these l-tuned ones fit the IS200 then as it states they are for the IS300??

Yes they will, as it has been said is300 has almost same chassis than is200.

how do these compare to other brands, i.e TRD, TTE, C-one, cusco???

They seem to be adjustable...