Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 Cyl engines, rear wheel drive, sound familiar? Lexus will always tell you that they want to set a unique standard...but (un)secretly they want to copy BMW...it's always been the game, no matter what anyone says!

Personally I think the hatch looks aweful - something puny about it....whereas the saloon looks gorgeous. Mind you, it needs to be seen in the flesh...

Another thing to think about dont Lexus make thier cars mainly for the Yanks and think of the rest off us second so can honestly you see it taking off in the States a "Luxury Excecutive 5 door hatch"? I dont think so.

So please lexus NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait for the new Lexus BS to arrive, which is an Audi A3, BMW 1-Series competitor. This will combine state-of-the-art vehicle design with a fair price. Quality will be much better than the German rivals as will Design. Have a look at drawings on my.IS - sweeeet! it arrives 2007.
That's the quote from a post by 'Tailpipe' in January 2006.....so the rumour has been around for a year and more. They'll have to change the name though..how's a car designated 'BS' going to sell :D

What a load of rubbish! That is the made from the same source pic I used last year when someone was discussing the aesthetics of the kick in the rear door window line and I did a crap photoshop knock up of it missing! :duh:

this is not real................... :winky:

Oh right, like you said the IS-F wasn't real :D...but I may agree with you this time.

As I said mate, its a nice bit of photoshopping :)

If it were real then I certainly wouldn't be buying one. I mean, I can't even understand why people buy the 1 series. Is it just so they can say they own a BMW :duh:

As I said mate, its a nice bit of photoshopping :)

If it were real then I certainly wouldn't be buying one. I mean, I can't even understand why people buy the 1 series. Is it just so they can say they own a BMW :duh:

But there are advantages to owning a BMW - you get to drive in the outside lane of a motorway at all times, not use indicators, barge through pedestrian crossings, and push your way in at the front of the queue. :shifty:

But what's wrong with a 5-door Lexus? Maybe not that one, but saloons do have disadvantages like awkward boots (I'm very glad I had an Avensis hatch when I bought my flat and was getting big DIY/Ikea type stuff all the time) and not everyone wants a 4x4 like the RX series. As I see it the main competitors to Lexus are BMW and Mercedes - both of which have 5-door variants of their small saloons. Why not Lexus? It's hardly 'originality' to have a range consisting of 4 door saloons of 3 sizes, a convertible, and a 4x4... 5 doors sell better in Europe than the US, and if European sales take off then Lexus will start designing cars aimed more directly at European tastes - the results of which everyone here will surely appreciate?

Well, I for one, like the idea.

The one shown looks a bit ordinary, but I feel there is a great need to introduce one.

My wife has a Mazda 3 (SP23) hatch as she likes driving a small hatch, so if Lexus were to introduce a resonable looking hatch (not like a corolla) then we would probably replace the 3 with one. Otherwise, it could be an Audi A3 as her next car as she wants to move into the luxury field but wants a hatch.

Also, the way Lexus have slowly increased the base price on the IS, they need to introduce a product in the lower range again to attrach first luxury buyers. This people now go for the Audi A3, BMW 1, or heaven forbid, the Merc A & B series.

Get out of a "box shaped" design and look to more sporty-swept back look. 5 doors of course.

A couple of people I know have said they'd be interested in a "baby lexus" like the A3 but I can't see how that photoshopped idea would help. If it had the same engines, same interior and 80% same panels, how would it be cheaper for Lexus to build to sell it at a lower price point? All that would do would be to drag down the perceived value of the IS. If they put a cheaper interior and 4 cylinder engines in it then it just becomes a Toyota - a brand they are trying to push up market anyway. It would do nothing but blur the lines between Toyota and Lexus.

any body know if/when they are planning a convertable is?

It's already been made and currently on test:

lexusll9.jpg

0609x2009lexusisconvertzg9.jpg

Thought it was due for unveiling sometime later this year. :)

....though the rear quarter in the picture looks lumpier than it is on the saloon...

Probably is lumpier to stow the roof and it's power mechanism....wonder how much boot space has been lost, if any, it isn't that great in the saloon/sedan to start with :huh: