Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner

Ageing Busker

Hi All, Just to indroduce myself & a quick question. Bought my IS200 SE on Wednesday last week for 6500 pounds. Its a 2000reg (W) with 43,000 miles on the clock. I intend to book it in to a Lexus dealer for a full service & possibly a cam belt change if it needs it. Can anyone advise me how much I should be paying for this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the LOC mate :)

Not sure about the price of the service on your car but the cambelt shouldn't need doing on an is200 till 100,000 miles so should have plenty of life in it yet. :) but nothing stopping getting it done for piece of mind if you use the search function on the main page you should be able to find out a bit of what other members have done for the services and cambelt and maybe a few prices... :)

Chris..... :)

Hello and welcome to the LOC mate :)

Not sure about the price of the service on your car but the cambelt shouldn't need doing on an is200 till 100,000 miles so should have plenty of life in it yet. :) but nothing stopping getting it done for piece of mind if you use the search function on the main page you should be able to find out a bit of what other members have done for the services and cambelt and maybe a few prices... :)

Chris..... :)

Hi Chris, thanks for the info, think I may get the belt done it may be 10 years old, can't take a chance of wrecking my new pride & joy!! I'll post a pic as soon I have one.

i never thought of the age of the belt mate to be honest but you got me thinking now and might get mine done as mines a sport on a 2000 v plate with 75k on the clock

, just a thought if you get it done get the cam belt tensioner done aswell as they wear and some on here recomend it as a safe thing to do when having the belt changed.

:)

the miles on ur lexus are really low mate, mines a 2000 w done 78000 and ive no intention of changing the cambelt, wear and tear comes from mileage in my mind but peace of mind is good , maybe i prefer a gamble actually i do so ignore me :D welcome by the way to a big source of information! dont drive to fast now :driving:

Welcome to the LOC

The cambelt should be changed at 6 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes sooner. The age does mater as the belt can wear even if the mileage isnt high.

I would never just change the belt always change belt and tensioner and i'm pretty sure most garages wont do just the belt. The price at lexus is costly for a cambelt change so i would reccomend buying parts yourself and getting an independant garage to do the work it's about 3 hours labour.

@johnbaby - if i was you i wouldnt gamble if the belt does break it could end up costing a hefty sum to fix the engine!

Wow- Great response, my thanks to all for the information & your welcome. Seems I've found a really impressive source of help & info.

Everyone is a great help on here and sure you'll find the answers to any questions that you have :D

Welcome to LOC :)

Yeah definitely worth getting the cambelt changed early - 100,000 is always the absolute max, always try and get mine done early as you never really know what sort of life the car had had before you got her and it's definitely a good insurance policy for your engine :D

It might be worth getting them to check out the water pump at the same time as if that is on the way it's cheaper to do both at once!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links