Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Road And Wind Noise

I was talking about this in the thread about how your lexus drives, but I wanted to make a new topic about this subject. On the highway I just cant drive without music because the road and especially wind noise is really loud. The wind noise you hear is way harder then any other car I've driven.

People that have the same experiences, did anyone of you found any solution (winddeflectors, isolation in door...?)

I've seen these wind deflectors on eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-IS300...sspagenameZWD1V

it's only 20$. Would it be a decent buy, or is the only thing that it does making the airflow little bit better and dont let the rain come in when driving with the windows open.

Maybe your door seals want replacing - don't remember my IS being that bad?

As for the road noise a change of tyres can significantly alter that :)

Maybe your door seals want replacing - don't remember my IS being that bad?

As for the road noise a change of tyres can significantly alter that :)

I don't think its the door seals, because then I would hear more of a whistling noise, its really the wind that you hear against the car. I asked the lexus dealer and door seals replacement is over 700 euros, a big no :D

I also have a slight problem with this. Not majorly loud but can be heard. Biggest problem is I can feel the wind through the electric window buttons. The air must be finding its way through. This is the case on all four doors. Its like I have extra air vents in the doors :)

wind noise for me is an annoyance too.

its the loudest of all the cars ive owned, and almost safe to say, in all the cars ive been a passenger in.

has anyone found these wind deflectors useful?