Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Pump

skeet94

Hello again,

I've just been thinking, from having read the other thread about upgrading the wiring on the stock Denso pump to give it the full recommended voltage, etc.

Is there such a thing as too large of a fuel pump...? I've just got a little something in the works in terms of performance upgrades for the Aristo...where I'll need to either go dual pumps (Denso's) or pick up a single external pump.

The downside to two pumps is if one fails, you'll lose fuel pressure and engine can go KABOOM! That's where the single pump comes into play, as if it failed the engine would just shut down...much MUCH safer!

Now I've been looking at external fuel pumps, specifically the Weldon 2025-A and the Weldon 2035 External pumps. Now I'm wondering if I was theoretically running approximately 450-500bhp at the wheels, would a larger fuel pump than necessary cause me any problems? I'm guessing not since the fuel pump on our cars can handle 500bhp at the wheels with the upgraded wiring, yet our cars come stock at 280/320bhp.

Any input...?

Hi Matt - thanks for the recommendation...been looking at them too.

How you finding the noise on the external pump...? Just something else I read up I should be concerned about as internal pumps are near silent, but then don't want to go with a multiple pump setup due to the above reason.

Hi Matt - thanks for the recommendation...been looking at them too.

How you finding the noise on the external pump...? Just something else I read up I should be concerned about as internal pumps are near silent, but then don't want to go with a multiple pump setup due to the above reason.

the aeromotive are quiet, but they can be mounted outside the car, underneath