Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I posed this question on another thread but didn't get an answer so it may not be possible, but I was wondering if there's any way I can disable the open door chime when sat with the engine off but on 1st stage ignition, i.e. with the MM system on and dials illuminated? It really annoys me that I can't open the door to speak to someone without it going off. Thanks in advance.

I posed this question on another thread but didn't get an answer so it may not be possible, but I was wondering if there's any way I can disable the open door chime when sat with the engine off but on 1st stage ignition, i.e. with the MM system on and dials illuminated? It really annoys me that I can't open the door to speak to someone without it going off. Thanks in advance.

I just press the closure switch on the relevant door once to turn it off if I'm in that situation, you don't have to hold it in.

I prefer to keep the door alarm system active to warn of a door open...more for the passenger doors than the drivers, so wouldn't want to disable the system.

• 2 years later...
Hi Tango

I've just tried this but on mine it only works if you hold the closure switch. Is there some trick needed such as when to press the switch?

Many thanks

Roger

Roger,

I probably misled everybody as I must have moved it into park at the same time I pressed the closure switch. Mine only sounds the door chime when it's not in 'PARK' with the ignition on/engine on. Makes sense really from a safety point of view.

Worst chime is when I leave it in 'NEUTRAL' on Dr.Bones's ramp so he can move it back and forth to do the geometry checks, although even that appears to be on a timer as it switches off after a what seems to be a longggggg time.

Hi again Tango

I just tried mine again. With ignition in the accessory on mode and with the autobox in park, the open door chime sounds unless the door closure switch is held in. Unfortunately I didn't try with the ignition in the on mode or with the engine running. This seems odd as it would be more understandable if the door open chime sounded when the ignition was on rather than when it was just in the accessory on mode.

Yep Its a pain in the ***** if you want to listen to the stereo with the door open on a nice sunny day without ignition or engine on .If someone has a secret disable it would be great.

Yep Its a pain in the ***** if you want to listen to the stereo with the door open on a nice sunny day without ignition or engine on .If someone has a secret disable it would be great.

Does it go off after a time like the chime for leaving it out of Park?

Does it go off after a time like the chime for leaving it out of Park?

never waited long enough ....just put ignition on to clear it and took the hit on Battery

I've just discovered that the door open chime doesn't sound with the ignition in the accessory position and the passenger door open. The owner's manual explains that it's only the driver's door which causes the chime to sound (page 12 or 42). Seems odd, but it works on my car.