Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello IS owners.

i have just returned from my local lexus centre having sat in and been mighty impressed with the new IS250. having previously owned a 2005 A4. which was a total nightmare as far as reliabilty goes,headlights with water inside constant misfire,oh and a dealer with the attitude of a hores thief.not good for a car costing the wrong side of £22,000. :angry:

this was quickly sold and my current toyota avensis bought to replace the A4. yes i know its not in the same leauge.still its been mighty reliable. i ma now getting sick of being mistaken for a taxi. :duh:

i am hoping if any IS owners could offer any advice on test drives and what to loook out for if anything.

the models i am looking at our the 2006, 250 petrol and if the budget will stretch maybe a 220 diesel.

there does seem to be a big variance in dealer prices for these models having searched the lexus dealers used car site.about £1200 in some cases does anyone know why this is.

many thanks mickey.j. :)

No idea on resale prices, but welcome!!

Just watch out for rattles and squeaky front seats on acceleration, braking and taking corners - go for a 2006/56 with boot and fuel release buttons side by side in a panel by your right knee...avoid the early 2006 (some leftovers were sold as 56 platers - can be spotted as they have fuel and boot releases one on top of the other) and that's possibly why prices vary.

The early ones (like mine) could be very rattly...or develop them as temperature changes...so a quiet car one day becomes a monster then next...like mine is again now!!

The 6th Warranty visit looms...

The early ones (like mine) could be very rattly...or develop them as temperature changes...so a quiet car one day becomes a monster then next...like mine is again now!!

Don't let the rattle posts put you off, My 250 Se-L has been quiet from day 1 which was December 23rd 2005. Most of the complaints on the forum seem to be 220D based, dashboard rattles, vibrating internal rear view mirrors etc. so that may tell you something.

However, you didn't say whether your Avensis was an oil burner or not...if it was you'll be familiar with the engine in the 220D :tomato:

Price variance may be due to the model types as there's quite a few options. The SE-L being the most expensive, although again could vary as metallic paint, sunroof, multi media pack etc, were options that added to the price. The most expensive new would be the IS250 SE-L Auto in metallic, with MM, sunroof and fitted with 18" rims that would make it £33K + new.

I dont know which dealership you have been to but as your only in Stafford it may be worth trying Derby because IMO they have to be one off the best in the country, sales, service and customer focus are first class.

....go for a 2006/56 with boot and fuel release buttons side by side in a panel by your right knee...avoid the early 2006 (some leftovers were sold as 56 platers - can be spotted as they have fuel and boot releases one on top of the other)...

whats the difference between the ones that have the boot release/fuel release buttons side by side and ontop of each other? thanks

2007 MY (Model Year) has them side by side and I believe that they are lit at night too...

The only other thing is that the new "Velvet" black and new name for the pearl white was launched. I haven't seen it confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the rattles, ECU stuff for the diesel, dodgy fifth injectors, seatbelt recall, Satnav recall (a few were recalled) etc have been ironed out on the 07 MY...

And this way they know which is 06 and which isn't...my view is better to stick with 07...than to risk any of the issues mentioned above...not good for the blood pressure

Price variance may be due to the model types as there's quite a few options. The SE-L being the most expensive, although again could vary as metallic paint, sunroof, multi media pack etc, were options that added to the price. The most expensive new would be the IS250 SE-L Auto in metallic, with MM, sunroof and fitted with 18" rims that would make it £33K + new.

And if you add ACC/PCS, you're talking well over £35k...dunno if it's worth it at that price, but a bargain used!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links