Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Demon/angel Eyes...?

skeet94

Hello everybody,

It may seem I'm making loads of threads as of late.

I've got myself a set of 2003 TSX Projectors (Honda Accord) HID Projectors for a retrofit on the Aristo headlight to replace the POS reflector.

Since I'll be opening up the lights to do the retrofit, with a matt/flat black housing and remove the orange indicator piece...I was wondering would it be worthwhile to do a Demon/Angel Eyes look using CCFL?

I'm really undecided as it can be seen as "ricer" yet it would be a unique mod as I've not seen/heard of any GS/Aristo's with a retrofit let alone angel/demon lights here...?

If you had a choice what would you do?

Thanks.

Yep those are the Infiniti Q45 projectors - love the looks but they're too large for how they perform. They're not the best performers out there, although better than the stock reflector. Who knows if all works out well with my projector, I may start doing these for all you fellow people ;).

I've actually got a set of TSX projectors with a custom chrome shroud/bezel...

As far as I can tell...

The best projector is the LS430, followed by the S2000, then TL and TSX.

The Lexus LS430 paired up with ZKW lenses from latest gen M3's, etc have the best output, sharpest cut off, and are the widest you can get in a car.

The Honda S2000 is similar and is extremely wide and has a VERY sharp cut off.

The TL (Honda Legend) is a powerful Bi-Xenon projector, which has good foreground illumination and excellent cut off too.

The TSX is pretty much comparable to the S2000 in terms of output but sharpness the S2000 takes the cake.

Mind you all these projectors are VERY hard to come by in RHD versions and as soon as I saw them for sale, decided to just pick them up - total cost for projectors...£82 including P&P

Jackal what do you think of the retro's out there with the demon/angel/halo on our cars? I'm still leaning towards a NO...think it'd be worth it?

To be honest mate yes I am a fan of the demon / angel eyes, think they would look good on yours :)

I have been quite happy with the projectors on mine to be honest, definitely better than the aftermarket HID's I had in the IS due to wntire unit being designed for HIDs - know where you're coming from in regards to the S2000 though, had one behind me one day and I was amazed at just how much light the car behind was putting out!

To be honest mate yes I am a fan of the demon / angel eyes, think they would look good on yours :)

I have been quite happy with the projectors on mine to be honest, definitely better than the aftermarket HID's I had in the IS due to wntire unit being designed for HIDs - know where you're coming from in regards to the S2000 though, had one behind me one day and I was amazed at just how much light the car behind was putting out!

Oh trust me, wait till you drive with no motorway lighting at speed ;)...you'll feel the need to want more output hehe...here's what the TSX are capable of doing with a washer color mod to give the results in the pictures...http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8731&highlight=tsx+mod

PS: You've got reflectors and not projectors ;).

Yeah those S2000's have some excellent output I'm hoping the TSX aka Accord one's are just as good...the Accord Type R's here in the UK were the only one's with the HID's I've got...unless it was optioned on one of the other model's but they're VERY good.

Had a go a while back using EL Wire

Not the best of piccs

Did you remove yours Norkep? How comes if you did? I take it was just temporary?

Skeet94 im not a big fan of Angel lights due to most of the boy racers where i live have them on there corsa's/saxo's, i did have the new BMW 3 series in work the other day with Angel eyes and it looked the dogs bollocks so i surpose what ever floats your boat in the end :D

You could use these for you retro's http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-SUPER-WHI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Heres someone that is fitting those at the moment http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281983

Is this the sort of Angel eyes your looking at creating http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-01...sspagenameZWDVW

Hey Jackal,

See that's exactly what was keeping me away from the Angel lights, all these Saxo/Corsa boy racers have them. The more I think about it the more I'm leaning away from them...think I will too since I just read that they are VERY fragile, and when installing, if even the slightest bit of pressure is applied they will crack and be useless - that's £100 down due to a teeny bit of pressure applied.

I've also seen that ClubLexus thread...The eBay projectors aren't the one's he's using...those are just some cheap chinese made projectors in the eBay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infiniti-Q4...sspagenameZWDVW

The projectors Jeff's using are the Q45 projectors. As I said earlier as mean as they look, they just don't do the light output any justice, making it more of a aesthetic mod than a functional mod. It's why I'm planning on sticking to the TSX. I'm mostly into function over form...and if I can get both then why not ;).

I've been looking for RHD projectors for nearly a year now and just managed to come across a set at the right time. They're on their way here from Spain, will post up pictures of them as soon as they get here.

Had a go a while back using EL Wire

Not the best of piccs

Did you remove yours Norkep? How comes if you did? I take it was just temporary?

Still got mine on, was only playing around to see the effect but was quite impressed at the way they looked, so left them on.

Can hardly see them during the day or at dusk but at night, they come into their own. Not to bright either so not boy-racer-ish, that was also my concern

Norkep: Cool ... any more pictures of it...?

I may have found a place that doesn't give it that saxo/corsa racer boy look. Only problem is they need measurements in order to custom order a set - will also come with a lifetime warranty and are NOT as fragile as other CCFL tubes out there and are also "clear" (almost invisible) when turned off.

It's their Predator Chromium series...this is how they look like on a RX300 headlight -

http://www.umnitza.com/popup_image.php?pID=1109ℑ=0

Looks pretty "mean" to say the least...