Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to all,

I am new to the LS people but been here before with a LowRider LS.

I have a few questions that I could find out trawling old links etc but thought this may be quicker...

1) Where can I get a Plain Debadged Chrome (or black) Grille?

2) Are there Holes under the Badges on the Back? (before I try taking em off :lol: )

3) Where can I get Clear Side Repeaters and Front Indicators?

4) Where can I get Sport Adjustable Coilovers to replace the Factory setup?

5) Is it simple for fitting Aftermarket ICE to the LS's or is a bit of work required?

Any infomation and knowledge on LS Acessories etc would be greatly appreciated :D

I'm aware most of this stuff can be imported, but thought I'd look closer to home before going down that line lol

Regards to all in Advance,

LowRed

Hello to all,

I have a few questions that I could find out trawling old links etc but thought this may be quicker...

2) Are there Holes under the Badges on the Back? (before I try taking em off :lol: )

5) Is it simple for fitting Aftermarket ICE to the LS's or is a bit of work required?

Any infomation and knowledge on LS Acessories etc would be greatly appreciated :D

I'm aware most of this stuff can be imported, but thought I'd look closer to home before going down that line lol

LowRed

1) There's one on eBay at moment getting broken

2) NO

3) Look a further down the thread page. Title "straight answer needed on side indicators"

This also covers the back ones aswell.

4) eBay US are quite cheap(£140) for four new shocks plus postage.

5) Yes.

You would be aware that most of LS400 owners get aftermarket parts from the US eBay as cheaper and only take about 5 - 10 working days to get here. You can get the parts here but are dearer. All depends how much of a rush you are in getting them. The thread "LS400 service costs for MKII" should show you prices I paied last month in the UK & US for my car.

Intrigued to know what new ICE would add to the present system, as it's one of the best sounding already? Unless you're a Bass-head?

Bit of a Bass Head yes :lol: I'm still sooo young

Only thinking of replacing the standard Radio with a Aftermarket Unit I have already have. :)

But in the future may wack a few Subs and Amp in the Boot for a little more kick :D

and thank you Bazgtr for the Info, I can get a few things under way now :winky:

Edit PS - What Models can i look for parts on the US eBay? thanks :)

Hello to all,

LowRed

as to ur question no 2 yes there are holes when u take of badges of the bak,ive a mk2 and went to debadge it and found holes behind all rear badges

I just had the 'LEXUS' badge taken off the back, left the 'L' though, like the symetry. there are quite large holes once the plastic insersare removed, will just fill in without welding though.

I f you want to go lowthere's a really cheap way, then coilovers (which I found on previous cars a pain in the asss) and the propper way...

1. cut the springs down... all you need is a trolly jack and an angle grinder, rough as f@£& but very effective, long term will not do the rest of the suspension any good either.

2. Adjustable coilovers

3. take it max hydraulics and for 2.5 - 3K get a 1/2" line fast air kit with 4 corner individual control on lower. smooth ride and as low as the foor pan will allow. :winky:

Unfortunately I'm not joking

When you've been around the lowrider comunity for a while you realise there is often no payback in buying expensive solutions to lower 500quid's worth of old merc or similar.

There's an LS in the LORDZ loweriders runining round with cut down springs an a very battered front valance (doesn't like speed bumps).

I am a little ashamed to admit it, as I now love my LS, but I bought it as a stop gap while I was looking for a big old merc to pimp and add juice. I nearly cut the springs on my LS but decided that I liked how smooth the ride was so left them.

Acording to the guys at LORDZ, when I got a price for an air system for the LS, there were no others on air or hydraulics in the UK...

Thanks for the replies all,

I'm gonna leave the Suspension as it is now, as its such a comfy ride and with big rims on the way,

it should look Sweeeet

I've been on the Air Suspension in the past with my IS and that had its fair share of faults so I'd stay away from it in future :winky:

Sorry there are holes underneath the lexus badge, But not the ls400 badge.

When I answered that, I already had the ls400 removed.

So decided this week to debage the back and you've guessed it. Found the holes.

Looks like the car has been machine gunned, But around here that's the norm on this estate.

I've got it booked for the holes to be filled in and reprayed at the back. £70 all in.

Why did lexus have holes one side and not the other?

Sorry there are holes underneath the lexus badge, But not the ls400 badge.

When I answered that, I already had the ls400 removed.

So decided this week to debage the back and you've guessed it. Found the holes.

Looks like the car has been machine gunned, But around here that's the norm on this estate.

I've got it booked for the holes to be filled in and reprayed at the back. £70 all in.

Why did lexus have holes one side and not the other?

I'm thick :blush:

Explain...

I have the "Lexus" on the left and The main L logo in the middle

Do they both have holes behind them???

Sorry I'm having a bad day lol :tomato: