Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vemiri Peralae Wheels

gothika

Hi

thinking of getting some vemiri peralae wheels 19 x 8 does anyone know of any handling problems for aftermarket alloys? sorry if this has been asked before i'm a newbie.

company say they do fit and i've seen a pic of a IS200 with them on but not a IS 250. i love the wheels and have managed to track some down for £1150 for 4 (no tyres), they are £356 each on performance alloys, if anyone knows of other wheels for the IS 250 or can get the vemiri peralae's cheaper than £1150 I would be glad for the information.

Gothika.

http://www.vemiri.com/home.php

if anyone knows of other wheels for the IS 250

Mine are not OEM's...here, and extra pics in the Gallery.

is250selmm5hd3.jpg

Talking wheels, has anyone used the one in the boot yet :sick:

sparegu3.jpg

Hi all

looking for some help/ advice for fitting alloys to my IS 250.

I have been looking for some aftermarket alloys and have finally settled on some vemiri peralae http://www.vemiri.com/home.php.

I was just wondering, will the 19 x 8 rims be ok?

and I was thinking of putting 245 35 19 on the rear and 225 35 19 on the front.

Also if and when I have done this, would it be wise to get the geometry checked out by WIM?

Thanks G

Hi all

looking for some help/ advice for fitting alloys to my IS 250.

I have been looking for some aftermarket alloys and have finally settled on some vemiri peralae http://www.vemiri.com/home.php.

I was just wondering, will the 19 x 8 rims be ok?

and I was thinking of putting 245 35 19 on the rear and 225 35 19 on the front.

Also if and when I have done this, would it be wise to get the geometry checked out by WIM?

Thanks G

yeah sorry about that

finding my way around site (being newbie)and found the wheels topic and thought more members would see it and reply.

So why don't you follow on from your previous post if you have more questions? It keeps everything together so peeps can follow it :) http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry440903

As far as I know you're the only other UK LOC member with a second generation IS who wants to fit non OEM wheels, so not surprised there were no other answers.

Your IS has staggered rim widths, the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) fitted are 8" wide on the front and 8.5"' wide on the rear. Are you proposing to replace with 8" wide x 19" diameter all round? The only IS250 to have the same widths all round is the AWD (all wheeel drive) version available in the US, but not UK.

To give you an idea, my new set up is:

Front 19x8.5 rims with +38mm offset. Tyre size 225/35ZR19

Rear 19x9.5 rims with +42mm offset. Tyre size 275/30/ZR19

I don't have any rubbing with this set up, but the front really needs 235/35 as the 225 looks stretched.

Whatever you want to do this will be useful http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

Re. the geometry check, get it checked by WIM when you fit new rims and tyres (don't forget he's moving addesses) ....and even if you don't I'd suggest you get it checked anyway because the Lexus factory settings are not the optimum. :winky:

Thanks Tango

Yes I was proposing to put 19 x 8 on all round but won't after reading your info.

Thats p**sed on my bonfire mate Vemiri's are only available in 19 x 8

19 x 9.5 and 19 x 11.

Back to the drawing board I suppose

Thanks for the info Tango very helpful.

Yes I was proposing to put 19 x 8 on all round but won't after reading your info.

19 x 9.5 and 19 x 11.

There is no problem so. Get 19x8 for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear

Thanks Tango

19 x 9.5 and 19 x 11.

Back to the drawing board I suppose

Thanks for the info Tango very helpful.

Do you know what the offsets are on the 19x8 and the 19x9.5 Vemiri's? You could use similar offset to mine on 9.5" rears and keep the same offset as the OEM fronts for the 19x8" Vemiri'swith near max width tyre for the 8" rim..

Hi Tango

Thought I was getting my head round this but not so sure now :duh:

I looked at your settings and thought I would email Vemiri to check and they sent me this email back.

Hello Glen,

I have been checking the widths on this vehicle and as I already thought the maximum you can go on 19” is 8.5 and no more and therefore the 9.5 x 19” will not work on this vehicle. The offset is quiet surprising to the old one because, the old IS200 would list and offset of 35-45, but the new IS250 list anything from offset 30-40,

I guess it’s because of the bigger arches it has compared to the old IS200 which has quiet narrow arches.

So to fit the Vemiri Peralae wheel will not be a problem at all. If you do decide to go for them, if it’s not too much trouble would it be possible to send some photos?

Any way I will leave this with you and let you decide what you would like to do.

And then I emailed Performance alloys and they replied:

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry.

No problem! We can do 8x19 et35 and 9.5x19 et42

MORE CONFUSED NOW :unsure:

Your set up works! which one of these experts should I listen to, main supplier, who is much cheaper or performance alloys.

whoever said pimpin aint easy was dead right.

Hi Tango

Thought I was getting my head round this but not so sure now :duh:

I looked at your settings and thought I would email Vemiri to check and they sent me this email back.

Hello Glen,

I have been checking the widths on this vehicle and as I already thought the maximum you can go on 19" is 8.5 and no more and therefore the 9.5 x 19" will not work on this vehicle. The offset is quiet surprising to the old one because, the old IS200 would list and offset of 35-45, but the new IS250 list anything from offset 30-40,

I guess it's because of the bigger arches it has compared to the old IS200 which has quiet narrow arches.

So to fit the Vemiri Peralae wheel will not be a problem at all. If you do decide to go for them, if it's not too much trouble would it be possible to send some photos?

Any way I will leave this with you and let you decide what you would like to do.

And then I emailed Performance alloys and they replied:

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry.

No problem! We can do 8x19 et35 and 9.5x19 et42

MORE CONFUSED NOW :unsure:

Your set up works! which one of these experts should I listen to, main supplier, who is much cheaper or performance alloys.

whoever said pimpin aint easy was dead right.

Well Vermiri certainly don't know what they're talking about, unless of course they're just considering the fronts as any wider than 8.5J will definitely not clear the arches under lock. Are you sure they know the second generation IS has staggered widths?

In the USA my set up is very common, and quite a few have gone 10" on the rear. 20" diameter rims have also been fitted to 250 & 350's.

If you need confirmation on my set up send a pm to Tony Bones @ WIM. Tony has been monitoring all things geometry and tyre wear with my vehicle. The new set-up is excellent, I wouldn't go back to the OEM rims or suspension settings.