Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus- Not A Good Start

thats a get out clause and a half...

Ive since found out my vehicle had a tow bar fitted. It was a lease vehicle and the previous owner quite clearly didnt give it a t_ss about the car..which is a shame.

It was 12000 miles over the 2nd service (which includes brake fluid)..it was then 5000 miles over the last service (40k)

Lexus have tried to do catch up with it. Ive found out that the rear shocks were exchanged under warranty (what the hell was it towing) as were the the front ball joints (no suprise there) but Lexus dont readily admit to telling you warranty work do they? and ive found this out through a third party.

The long and short of it is..Lease a vehicle, treat it like dirt..give it back to Lexus and they will tart it up sell it to some punter and tell the him the service history is in the post.

Ive also found rust along both seams in the boot on both sides, the clutch slips and it knocks like hell from the front.

Things are ongoing with the dealer..and the beast is sat outside sulking at me

It seems a real shame that this is happening especially from a well established and so called reputable company such as lexus

I hope you get this all sorted soon but i would be happy with a "like for like replacement" with real FLSH of course......

Good Luck

update:

Ive just found out from the previous keeper that this vehicle was involved in a front end collision 6 months ago that resulted in £3500 worth of repairs to the suspension.

In addition to the history, they also failed to disclose 'when asked by me' if the vehicle had been involved in an accident at all! :tsktsk:

I have been told I can have a refund..but only for the forecourt value of the vehicle ...

I reckon im 1.5 to 2 K down on this deal if i accept. For me to go and purchase my previous car back (even private) may cost me up to 2k more than I part exchanged it for.

I can feel a major name and shame coming on....not just here..but local press...whats the libel situation on this please mods?

i would name and shame here, in the papers and speak to trading standards

regards libel,

it has to be factual.

i would also send a letter into lexus, pointing out the issues you are now having to deal with, and what is now your course of action

update:

Ive just found out from the previous keeper that this vehicle was involved in a front end collision 6 months ago that resulted in £3500 worth of repairs to the suspension.

In addition to the history, they also failed to disclose 'when asked by me' if the vehicle had been involved in an accident at all! :tsktsk:

I have been told I can have a refund..but only for the forecourt value of the vehicle ...

If the vehicle was involved in an accident, it shouldn't have been sold as an approved Lexus anyway:

Taken from lexus.co.uk

Non-Qualifying Vehicles

A vehicle will not qualify as a Approved Pre-Owned Lexus if any of the following occur:

If the vehicle has been involved in a major accident

If the vehicle's structural integrity is impaired

If the body shell has been replaced

Also, isn't the forecourt value of the car, the price you paid for it?

Cheers

Phil

As long as you state nothing but the facts, they can do nothing. This has the added effect of you appearing more professional/adult on the subject than if you call them silly names or other derogatory remarks.

Hope you get it sorted well.

Update: I really cannot believe what is happening.

As stated I was offered a refund. Ive had a very disturbing phone call from the dealership. They are stating that I didnt pay 10k for the vehicle,only 9k!!

They told me to look at the paperwork.

I didnt haggle over the screen price (10k)but the part ex price. On the paperwork they have reduced the screen price from 10k to 9k and reduced my part ex from 7k to 6k. In other words they have 'lost the gain I haggled over the part ex' by reducing the screen price on the paperwork.

The car was up for 10k I took 7k part ex. They are suggesting it was up for 9k!!

This is absolutely unbelievable

The car was up for 10k I took 7k part ex. They are suggesting it was up for 9k!!

I find that a lot of dealers create the paperwork this way.

Do you have a printout from the dealers website showing the original price of the car?

update :

The matter has been resolved to my satisfaction, thanks to the dealer principal who I met face to face. He has gone a long way towards restoring my faith in Lexus and his dealership. I won’t go into details needless to say I am still with Lexus.

I would however advise anybody going to any dealer, be it ‘Lexus’ or whoever, to look at the small print and give the salesman the third degree. Listen carefully to what he says and challenge him on any minor point.

1. As pointed out by Steve an approved Lexus history does not necessarily mean a ‘Full service history’.

2. Accident damage. The dealer does not have to disclose this if its minor, unless YOU ASK..

3. When you strike that deal, look carefully at the paperwork. I’m assured that the salesman should explain ‘clearly’, exactly what is what, when it comes to the figures. Mine didnt. If you bargain over the price of your part ex..this may well be reflected in the screen price of the vehicle that will be shown as a lower figure. The book trade price will be shown and the screen price will come down to reflect your gain on that trade price.

If you find your self in the unusual situation of requesting a refund this may impact on what you get back.

Completely unrelated….

Mr 'Robertson' if you are reading this ..85 at Broadstone … :winky: ps did you repair that pitch mark on the 8th.. :question:

At least you're sorted. You say it's restored your faith in Lexus...ummmmm

It should never have happened, and to be honest any dealership of any brand/marque would have conceded in this way...and the stress that they caused you when it was blatently their fault...

Sorry but from reading this they have done what any dealership should have...they're good at making you feel as if you've been treated well in this...unless of course they gave you a newer, more valuable "perfect" approved car instead!!! Even then, the loss of face, bad publicity could have been a deep wound if you'd gone for their jugguler!!

You are right though - salemen ae=re there to make the dealership money first and foremost - that's what they are there for and are paid to do...the figures on the purchase price are very important - if you take out Gap insurance then that is what you could get back...so always dispute anything that doesn't look proper and as agreed in the finer itemised sections...

This is one of those moments when everyone scrutinises ‘what I didnt get ’and rips in to me. :tomato:

I was offered a full refund – enough to buy a new Nissan almera – so was nearly tempted!

Alternatively I was offered the following.

I have been offered the 50K and 60K services (cam belt and all) free of charge plus next MOT that will fall within the present warranty period (should there be any issues),also new clutch,Geometry check and the other Issues i have listed will be attended to. Also Free tank of fuel and they will collect my vehicle ,return it and hopefully leave me a with 250 for the day. (I live some way from the dealership) I have the 12 month extended manufacturers warranty and the 12 month RAC cover that I have scrutinised and appears substantial (came with the purchase).

The vehicle in question is an 04 reg IS200 SE, 1 Owner purchased from same dealership on lease deal, clearly lacking the 20k service .Its had the 10k,30k and just had the 40k service. It has 4 new tyres (Bridgestones), new discs and pads and everything else involved in that service.The alloys look new and corrosion free. It’s had new rear shocks and front ball joints done under warranty.

It did have a tow hook,I now know the old boy who owned it towed a trailer caravan 3 times in 3 years he tells me so that’s not an Issue to me now. Bodywork is pristine.The accident was a relatively minor front nearside accident repaired to Lexus standards. I now have all the previous original LEXUS visual safety reports and all ‘original’ computer printouts.

I have since had it inspected mechnically by a fully qualified independent third party who has advised me the repair is not noticeable and there are no issues other than the ones that will be addressed by Lexus. The vehicle was just under 10K in price .

I might just pop into my 'local' dealer for a free VSR and coffee as well for some more reassurance.

The salesman who sold this vehicle to me is no longer with the dealership and has moved on I have been told .

thats it.. go on rip into me :unsure:

will get it in writing .I was ready to walk when the 60k service was suddently thrown in. I made a point of clarifying that cam belt was included and this was agreed.

Hopefully this should give me a few years peace of mind...until i get the 250 :D

to be honest mate, i think u got a really good deal. the 50 and 60k services including cam belt change will cost quite a bit by themselves, so u saved urself quite a bit there, but make sure u get everything down in writing :)

dunno what everyone else thinks.... :unsure: