Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Remove Sat Nav From Lexus Is200

TC CC

:duh: I can't believe that the first time that I'm using the forum is when I'm about to sell my IS200!!!

The problem I've got is that I have a 51 plate model. The buttons fopr the Sat Nav on the console are sticking down and the Sat Nav itself is no longer finder directions, with the motor making a constant buzzing noise (more horrendous when it's cold outside!!!). You can imagine how much my local dealer wants to charge to look at it all. They're already saying that it's a full days job just to remove the dash to check out what's wrong with the nav!

Anyway, I've asked them if I can remove it all and replace it with standard drinks holder and dash tray? They've ummed and aarred and are telling me it probably isn't but I don't believe this.

You're all experts!! Can this be done? Can I do it myself? Do you know anywhere that sources the parts? Do you know anywhere that would carry out this type of work?

Cheers

TC

yep easily..the display is removed almost the same as the non nav top tray...i have one if you want one, and the centre handbrake console can be easlily swapped...i think i may have one of those aswell

:lol:

yep easily..the display is removed almost the same as the non nav top tray...i have one if you want one, and the centre handbrake console can be easlily swapped...i think i may have one of those aswell

This is fantastic!! :lol: Am I right in thinking (from looking at other Forum posts) that I just need to remove small strip at the front of the screen to reveal the screws that I need to undo? Haven't got a clue how to remove the control unit but I guess it'll be more obvious when I see the drinks holder that replaces it.

If you have got these parts let me know how much you'd want for them plus postage and your time and we'll sort something out.

Sorry, one last question!! If it's the disc motor that's causing the noise, is there a wire that I could just unclip to stop it functioning?

Thank you for your quick response

TC

why not replace the buttons,, that might be the reason for the problems,

I thought about this, but Lexus dealer wanted about £250 for this job and I'm not sure that the Sat Nav actually adds that much to the sale value anymore!!

Also, the unit is making a fair bit of a humming noise (which I don't think is normal). If this puts buyers off, or if it doesn't fix it, it seems better just to remove the whole lot.

Tell me if you think I'm wrong.

Appreciate your response

TC

Sorry, one last question!! If it's the disc motor that's causing the noise, is there a wire that I could just unclip to stop it functioning?

Thank you for your quick response

TC

The disc on mine is in the boot so not sure if yours is the same if you look under the mat in the boot its on the right hand side if you open the front cover the disc pops out if i remember as was a bit back when i changed my disc and you should be able to hear if its the disc motor that you can hear i think you can just unplug it at the back of the box??? at a guess it could be the screen motor that you can hear in the car just a thought mate hope it helps?

I'd agree with Fargo, try replacing the buttons first - might be the problem.......

Otherwise, I'd still sell with the system intact than remove it all - it's surely got to be worth more as is, as this way a potential buyer could still fix the existing system if they wanted, or else hook up an aftermarket nav to the factory screen :)

Just out of interest why are you selling the lex and what you going for next i hope it's another lex :winky:

It's all down to work. I've recently had a promotion but it means driving over 30,000 miles per year and it just isn't cost effective in a car like this so I'm going back into the car scheme. Shame really cos it's a beauty to drive and I've had a lot of new bits on it recently as its just turned 80,000 miles so they'll be a waste of money (but a bargain for someone else!!).

I will be back to Lexus, possibly for my wife as she fancies a 4x4, so I will return.

TC

p.s. any buyers out there (cheeky eh?) :winky:

the control box in the centre consol can be sourced via breakers yards at approx £90, i know cause i had deont when i was doing all by blue leds.

try 24/7spares.co.uk

Hey, thanks Fargo and Parthiban, I'll try this first. Got to be worth it eh? I'll try the website you suggested, but just in case, does anybody out there have a spare?!?