Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 220d and have looked at both the Sport and SE-L. The sport has the "Suede" seats and the SE/L has leather. I like the leather the best as it has air ventilation too so my first rant is come on lexus why not do leather in the Sport too!!! However I like the styling of the sport which is why I am asking this question.

For the people who have the "Suede" how does it wear over time, I am afraid that it might get dirty easy and look tatty, can any comment on this?

If possible I may get the SE-L and swap the wheels out for 18" sports. I can't see much else different that would make that much difference?

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 220d and have looked at both the Sport and SE-L. The sport has the "Suede" seats and the SE/L has leather. I like the leather the best as it has air ventilation too so my first rant is come on lexus why not do leather in the Sport too!!! However I like the styling of the sport which is why I am asking this question.

For the people who have the "Suede" how does it wear over time, I am afraid that it might get dirty easy and look tatty, can any comment on this?

If possible I may get the SE-L and swap the wheels out for 18" sports. I can't see much else different that would make that much difference?

Cheers,

Lee.

I've got the Sport with the suede finish in Beige - i expected problems with it but it is really durable stuff - also brightens the cabin up no end - any marks and a wipe with a damp cloth always does the trick. :)

The material will probably be OK - but be careful on your colour choice - else you'll have the VAX out each weekend...

If you've a family (young kids) stick with dark colours (whether it's leather or Artificial suede)...

You can upgrade the wheels to 18"ers.

One thing that you must remember though is the Differential on the Sport is different compared to base, SE or SE-L on the Diesel. The drive is very different (actually quite Sporty) and the fuel economy suffers in the Sport a tad. In the non-Sport diesel, some people still think that the gearing is too tall, but you do sort of get used to it.

Tango is a our resident expert on converting an SE-L to make it effectively into a Sport with Leather - everything from lowered suspension (which you will need to do - else the car will look as if it's ben jacked up on 18" low profiles!!) to Alu pedals...and remember the SE-L will have the Yamaha wood (which is really smart).

The only problem with doing this - especially if it's your own cash - is that it'll cost you a small fortune all told...

Anyway, welcome to the club

sport here, in beige.

seats are wearing ok. i too would have preferred leather. i can't understand why its not an option on the sport either.

as i have said on another thread, the sport seat material seems to generate static. 9/10 when getting out of the car you will get a shock. or is this just me?>

The funny think that there is another option in Europe exists - "luxury" - which include leather seats, 18'' allow disks and sport gear ratio...

So there are two "sport" model options in Europe.

The funny think that there is another option in Europe exists - "luxury" - which include leather seats, 18'' allow disks and sport gear ratio...

from 2007 all european models "luxury" get the sport gear ratio (no 18" needed)

Hi

I have the Beige Interior/Mesa Red on Sports - I should say it looks v good. I have had the car for approx 10 months and havent had any problem yet. I had the Supaguard done, so I am not sure whether its Supaguard doing the trick. That said, I have had to take it to Lexus TW couple of times with minor marks, they were more than happy to sort it out free of cost. I think you should also be thinking about floor mats..thats more likley to get dirty than the seats.

I agree with Wicky - it brightens up the cabin. I had the SEL (Black Leather) for 6 months, didnt have any problem since it was Black!

I think its personal choice - If I had a family, then a big "NO" to beige.

Javeed

what is the supaguard, pls?

LINKY

Not worth it unless you can get it for free... :lol:

Seriously - it's pretty good, but the dealers charge you loads of cash. There are so many other products or ways of applying the sealants and protection stuff for less, and you can DIY by getting a whole kit from eBay...

I've never tried any of the interior protection stuff, but I understand that it's no different to "Scotchguard" which you can get for very little cost...it's just a fabric protector...