Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supra Brakes

sparkystav

Right i've been offered a set of Supra brakes for a reasonable price but i want to know if they fit.

Done a search and came up with two different answers so i'm wondering if anyone can clear it up for me. (possibly looking a you Monster Mat)

From what i found they do fit but, one thread i found said i'd need a bracket to make them fit. But in another Mat mentioned you just need to file a hole slightly. So which is the best solution?

If you need a bracket does anyone make them? what does the bracket look like?

Will they fit on with the standard 17's as well?

And Finally i assume you need the Supra discs as well rather than the standard ones??

Thanks in advance.

Stav

hmm, i said file a hole............

on the supra brake conversion the hole needs modifying, there is a threaded slug that can be fitted to give the correct spacing, on the bolt holes, the supra calipers are used with the std discs i belive.

to be honest, other than looks there wont be much gained by fitting supra calipers, maybe a little less unsprung weight.

i take it these are the UK spec 4 pot calipers. what price have they been offered out of interest, ive just had a set of brand new ones delivered from hong kong for £350 quid all in.

If they are the UK ones then you will need the UK discs which are 330mm, i have just picked up a set from toyota myself cost is £67 quid plus vat each, i compared these to a set of IS discs and the PCD of the holes is exactly the same.

Yeah Mat, here you go:

Clicky

Yeah they are UK spec 4 Pots not sorted the price yet but he's my team leader and he owes me a couple of favours so they'll be very reasonable he's said.

What do you mean by a threaded slug to give the right spacing mat?

Will they fit the standard rims?

Thanks for all that Matt some very interesting reading.

Probely have to get the rear ones now as well ;)

Can see what they're saying in the last thread about not much on the improvement in general driving but once the modding bug starts.........

I wouldn't have thought the standard wheels would fit over the 4 pots as they are a tight fit with the standard calipers.

I fitted the 4 pots from the LS400 that Mat sold me and my OZ superleggeras just about go on with about 1mm or less of a gap between calipers and wheel spokes.