Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Initial Comments

Hi All,

Having just changed my old MR2 for an immaculate 2000 model IS200 with only 43000 miles on the clock I have some initial comments which may be of interest and I would welcome your comments.

The first thing I noticed was the quietness of the engine which is really impressive once I got used to it & using the rev counter to assess gear change levels. The car is full of gadgets & gizmos which is great once you get the hang of them all. My only critisism so far is that the car is obviosly not designed to go backwards, there is no rear wash wipe, the rear view is limited by the rear head rests and I'm having trouble assessing where the back of the car is!! The rear view mirror is convex which distorts the view so no help there. This only leaves the wing mirrors to assist with parking. I would gladly have forgone the heated front seats in favour of a rear wash wipe system.

Other than this I am really delighted with the car and with this forum, I look forward to reading your comments.

Cheers.

Think most have got a set of reverse parking sensors on there's now which are quite cheep to buy nowadays so could help your problem as i know what you mean about the rear wash wipe and not being able to judge the space behind the car i use my rear spoiler to help but always end up 2 feet away? :D

No rear wiper, thats the same as most saloons isnt it?

If your struggling to reverse just park front first :lol:

but doesn't that mean you have to reverse out again?? :D :D :D

Yes it does & thats where I get the problem especially in the rain!! Tell me something, when I go into reverse the car bleeps, is this just a warning or is this a reverse parking sensor ? I don't want to reverse into a wall to find out!!

Yes it does & thats where I get the problem especially in the rain!! Tell me something, when I go into reverse the car bleeps, is this just a warning or is this a reverse parking sensor ? I don't want to reverse into a wall to find out!!

No its just bleeps when you are in reverse :D

I had trouble reversing when I got mine, and had hit 2 bollards within a couple of weeks, very minor marks, but marks on the bumper all the same, the only car I normally reverse upto outside my house is my brother's Omega or a battered Fiesta, so I simply reverse slowly and stop when I hit them

I hadd trouble reversing when I got mine, and had hit 2 bollards within a couple of weeks, very minor marks, but marks on the bumper all the same, the only car I normally reverse upto outside my house is my brother's Omega or a battered Fiesta, so I simply reverse slowly and stop when I hit them

You are kidding right :o

I am joking, I couldn't deliberately ram everything behind me, lol

My only critisism so far is that the car is obviosly not designed to go backwards, there is no rear wash wipe, the rear view is limited by the rear head rests and I'm having trouble assessing where the back of the car is!! The rear view mirror is convex which distorts the view so no help there. This only leaves the wing mirrors to assist with parking.

I did hit the fiesta once tho, smashed the grille straight off it, but no damage to the Lexus, the bollards did leave two small dents in the bumper, which are very minor tho, all I can say is practice makes perfect, I have an auto with a twitchy accellerator, the slightest move of the pedal (espesially in reverse) and i'm away, so my reversing technique (uphill where I live) with practice is getting better all the time, with the silly interior mirror and limited view out of the rear window

:offtopic: Jamie just txt, he's well happy with the S/C and he's comin showing me in a bit :D

Good to hear it - you'll be wanting one soon though - think I held out for 6 weeks from first seeing one on Zee's car before I had one on mine!

I can't spare that kind of cash at the moment, plus mines auto, would it still have the desired effect? I'm after upgrading the car in 12 months or so, so i'm definately holding out...

Yeah still makes an auto better mate!

Dave, can't remember his username but something like W841.. has a crazy modified auto which will be rapid, RSarin on here had his SC'd too and I hear that was quick!

hmmm, my upgrade was going to include going manual, but i know i'd miss being lazy driver, well its not til next year anyway so i'll think about it nearer the time, thanks for the info, sorry to stray way :offtopic:

[quote name='Rory'

I have an auto with a twitchy accellerator, the slightest move of the pedal (espesially in reverse) and i'm away, so my reversing technique (uphill where I live) with practice is getting better all the time, with the silly interior mirror and limited view out of the rear window

Try reversing with the car in snow mode. :) not twitchy then

You could just wait until the car in front of you moves :lol:

Ah, will try that in the morning, sounds logical thinkin about it now, lol

Ah, will try that in the morning, sounds logical thinkin about it now, lol

Yup that works :winky: