Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Bumper Protection For Rx300 Mk 1

I wish to put the black type of rear bumper protection on my Mk 1 RX300 vehicle due to having two dogs and they will scatch same getting in. Lexus have told me they only do the shiny alu /metal type for the Mk 1 and that the black plastic/rubber type is for the later model Mk2. Does anyone have any experience fitting the later version for the Mk2 to the Mk1 Rx300. Unfortunately Lexus will not help or let me try one out from the Mk2 to see it will fit. Any input much appreciated.

They are only "stick on" I don't think that the top of the bumper on the Mk.2 is any bigger than the Mk.1

I have seen them on eBay and a lot cheaper than Lexus main dealer.

Terry

They do fit, I bought one for mine - I'll post pics tomorrow.

As Terry said they are stick on, but it is very secure when in place.

I bought mine from eBay from this guy. Not sure what lexus will charge but I paid around £25 inc shipping all the way from texas.

I wish to put the black type of rear bumper protection on my Mk 1 RX300 vehicle due to having two dogs and they will scatch same getting in. Lexus have told me they only do the shiny alu /metal type for the Mk 1 and that the black plastic/rubber type is for the later model Mk2. Does anyone have any experience fitting the later version for the Mk2 to the Mk1 Rx300. Unfortunately Lexus will not help or let me try one out from the Mk2 to see it will fit. Any input much appreciated.

Thanks for prmpt replies from you and will go to Lexus Hull today to compare my vehcile with Mk2 and will certainly investigate the e-bay option first before making a final decision. Have just bought a bootliner from Hatchbag.co.uk which excellent tailored fit and good customer service as well as quality plus Saunders mesh dog guard. The bumper protector will finish off making the car border collie resistant. :)

Hi Harold, I have just spoken to Colin at Lexus Stockport and he assures me that the new shape model (rubber) will fit on the Mk1 shape. He has quoted £68.04 +VAT

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 30 2007, 09:55 AM)

Hi Harold, I have just spoken to Colin at Lexus Stockport and he assures me that the new shape model (rubber) will fit on the Mk1 shape. He has quoted £68.04 +VAT

Hi Terry,

Thanks very much for doing that and much more reasonable than the original one quoted to me by Lexus Hull at £132.

Harold

Harold if you don't get any satisfaction from Lexus in Hull then telephone Lexus Stockport (0161 480 0660) ask for Colin in parts. Tell him you spoke to Terry with the white RX. Also tell him that you are a member of LOC and he will probably give you a discount. He will also make sure that it is delivered to Lexus Hull for pick up.

Terry

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 30 2007, 09:55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi Terry,

Thanks very much for doing that and much more reasonable than the original one quoted to me by Lexus Hull at £132.

Harold

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 30 2007, 12:32 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Harold if you don't get any satisfaction from Lexus in Hull then telephone Lexus Stockport (0161 480 0660) ask for Colin in parts. Tell him you spoke to Terry with the white RX. Also tell him that you are a member of LOC and he will probably give you a discount. He will also make sure that it is delivered to Lexus Hull for pick up.

Terry

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 30 2007, 09:55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi Terry,

Harold

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 30 2007, 12:32 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Terry

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Terry,

Thanks and will see how I go.Have just discovered that after dis-engaging o/d button that when reverting back to o/d on, unable to change up to 4th gear or use steering wheel buttons to do a manual change. o/d sign in display keeps flashing.Have stopped vehicle and switched off and then retried and managed to get it changing o.k. upto 4th so keeping away from the o/d button at the moment. Manual switching also works again. Will see if Lexus Hull can plug it in and see if it is a fault with the electronics.

Have just had to buy a new window motor for the rear offside window (£151)after a friendly local mechanic had a look after the window would not work. Just wondering if he had to disable the Battery that somehow it has messed up some settings. Interesting times.

Harold

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Hi Terry,

Harold

Terry

Terry,

Thanks and will see how I go.Have just discovered that after dis-engaging o/d button that when reverting back to o/d on, unable to change up to 4th gear or use steering wheel buttons to do a manual change. o/d sign in display keeps flashing.Have stopped vehicle and switched off and then retried and managed to get it changing o.k. upto 4th so keeping away from the o/d button at the moment. Manual switching also works again. Will see if Lexus Hull can plug it in and see if it is a fault with the electronics.

Have just had to buy a new window motor for the rear offside window (£151)after a friendly local mechanic had a look after the window would not work. Just wondering if he had to disable the Battery that somehow it has messed up some settings. Interesting times.

Harold

John: Thanks for pictures and it certainly looks the business ( as does your RX.) So will be going ahead and getting the protector now.Just a few more niggles to sort out with windows and auto.

Harold

• 3 weeks later...