Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worried About My Alarm

I have an is200 auto, and after reading through the forum and trying to find answers about the alarm, I wanted to know how the alarm is triggered and set off.

Yesterday I parked up, opened all windows and set the alarm, gave it 2-3 mins then inserted my arms in, did this several times and nothing.

Im guessing that the alarm will probably only go off if the window is smashed or the car is hit heavily , just asking because somewhere on the forums it mentions interior sensors for the alarm.

thanks

I have an is200 auto, and after reading through the forum and trying to find answers about the alarm, I wanted to know how the alarm is triggered and set off.

Yesterday I parked up, opened all windows and set the alarm, gave it 2-3 mins then inserted my arms in, did this several times and nothing.

Im guessing that the alarm will probably only go off if the window is smashed or the car is hit heavily , just asking because somewhere on the forums it mentions interior sensors for the alarm.

thanks

I have the same model, and had locked my car up with the sunroof tilted open, and without my knowledge, my childish brother and his childish friend slipped lots of leaflets in through the sunroof in an attempt to set it off, but it didn't go off,

I don't know how the sensors are calibrated, but they are situated in the interior light fitting according to my book, if you get in the car, and lock it from the button on your key (one press for single lock and alarm, two presses for ded locks), and wait 30 seconds, the alarm will go off when you move, if not, have it looked at

By coincidence, my kids set mine off last night. I filled up with fuel and locked the car while I went in to pay. My two boys were messing around in the back and they set off the alarm. It was loud (the horn sounds).

Si