Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300se

Big Den

Hi Guys, i have looked at the spec sheet for my car and it says it should have 235/45 R17 tyres but is actually fitted with 255/55ZR16's. All four need replacing due to perishing presumably because the car has done very little miles (53k on a 98 plate). I am a bit confused with all this offset stuff but am going to ring round for a set of tyres but if they are £100 odd each i have found a wheel website that does a set of four alloys with tyres for £555. Do i trust the supplier to deliver the correct wheels for the car or do i tell them the correct offsets etc. ?

wadda you think

Will do.

Has anyone tried www.alloywheels.com ? for example they are doing a wolfrace Kantana 17" for the GS300 with tyres for £465.

I have been quoted 16" P6000 tyres for £436 but the tyre/wheel place warned me about buying wheels/tyres from the tinternet as they said they could be dodgy wheels and may not fit the car, scare mongering ?

Presume if i go from 16" to 17" the speedo will be slightly out ?

Will do.

Has anyone tried www.alloywheels.com ? for example they are doing a wolfrace Kantana 17" for the GS300 with tyres for £465.

I have been quoted 16" P6000 tyres for £436 but the tyre/wheel place warned me about buying wheels/tyres from the tinternet as they said they could be dodgy wheels and may not fit the car, scare mongering ?

can't see any problem buying tyres from the interwebnet, just make sure they are a reputable company, such as mytyres.

disclaimer: other online tyre shops are also avaliable.

Will do.

can't see any problem buying tyres from the interwebnet, just make sure they are a reputable company, such as mytyres.

disclaimer: other online tyre shops are also avaliable.

£465 is for 4 x alloy wheels with tyres fitted, £436 is just for tyres from local place, so basically i can get a set of wheels with tyres for £30 more