Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Wheel Auto Movement (sport/se-l)

Hi Guy's,

I seen a video of someone driving a IS220 SE-L and when he got in and started the engine the steering wheel automaticaly moved into his preset position.

The question to you guy's is does this happen automaticaly and does it auto move out of the way again when the engine is switched off?

It looks well cool!

Cheers.

The question to you guy's is does this happen automaticaly and does it auto move out of the way again when the engine is switched off?

yes...

and what more - you can assign positions of the seat, mirrors and steering wheel to your key, so it always adjust to you when you enter the car. It's great...

Well if you have an IS 220 Sport you will know this already as its in the instruction book. Or the salesman would have set them up for you :P

Well if you have an IS 220 Sport you will know this already as its in the instruction book. Or the salesman would have set them up for you :P

Nope don't have an IS Sport yet, even a Lexus! Had to put that in my registration as it wouldn't accept a blank string.

I am currently lookin at an IS220d Sport in Mesa Red, which I notice you have. What do you think of the colour, I can't decide if it is what I want, on dull days it doesn't look good to me but in sunshine it looks amazing!

Please help I am going out of my mind!! lol You got any pics of your car you could send me that would sway me?

Cheers,

Lee.

No mine is the petrol sport as i couldn't get on with the diesel. IMHO Black looks stunning when clean, but having had one for a day on test it would drive me mad trying to keep it clean. To be quite honest its lucky they do the red as we ( her indoors and me ) don't think much of the colours offered. In our opinion!!!!

It does sparkle in the sunshine, when ever that is!

post-1268-1180627763.jpg

post-1268-1180627894.jpg

Wallace - It looks as though we use the same dealer (if the top picture is anything to go by). Did you swap your 220 for the 250 there? If so how were they about it all?

I'm pretty certain I'm going to do the same thing and change the 220 for a 250.

SiWhite- never had a diesel. Test drove many but didn't like the gearing on the sport diesel. No swapped an IS200SE last month thanks to Matt :D .

SiWhite- never had a diesel. Test drove many but didn't like the gearing on the sport diesel. No swapped an IS200SE last month thanks to Matt :D .

Feel free to call me Simon :)

Thanks for the info though. Do you use Wolverhampton? How do you get on with them?

OK Simon, we bought the first Lexus from Wolverhampton 6 years ago and cannot fault the service from them. They collect the car for service and always return it washed and shining. We dealt with Matt this time and had excellent service. They do seem to have a rather quick turnover of staff. We have seen many faces come and go. But much much better than Worcester.

went to see the IS250 launch at the 2005 frankfurt show and the little joystick for adjusting the steering wheel tilt and reach was the feature that really impressed..... :)

yes...

and what more - you can assign positions of the seat, mirrors and steering wheel to your key, so it always adjust to you when you enter the car. It's great...

Can some one tell me if this feature can stores different seat settings etc in each of the two key fobs. Will my fob have my settings and the wifes have hers, or is only one setting stored regardless which fob is used.

Can some one tell me if this feature can stores different seat settings etc in each of the two key fobs. Will my fob have my settings and the wifes have hers, or is only one setting stored regardless which fob is used.

I can confirm that this can be done. There can be some confusion if both keys are close to the car, but otherwise it seems to work fine.

I can confirm that this can be done. There can be some confusion if both keys are close to the car, but otherwise it seems to work fine.

Thats really good. Im sure I cant be alone in getting alitttle upset when someone else drives your car and moves everything. Memory seats/mirrors help this, however I did notice on the test drive that the power seat moves back and forth at a snails pace.

SO when the ignition is turned off can it be set to auto move the wheel and seat to a different position, such as lift the steering wheel and move the seat back a bit to make more room to exit and then re-enter the vehicle?

L.

SO when the ignition is turned off can it be set to auto move the wheel and seat to a different position, such as lift the steering wheel and move the seat back a bit to make more room to exit and then re-enter the vehicle?

L.

When you switch off the ignition, the steering wheel automatically moves to fully up and fully in position. The seat does not move.

I have to say, the memory seat/steering wheel function is something I wish I had.

I'm 5'10" and it took me a little while to get the seat and steering wheel into the perfect position.

Wife is 4'11" and took the car out for the first time the other week.

She was bricking it in case she damaged it, stalled it twice and because she's so short had trouble depressing the clutch all the way down to get it re-started. Apparently there was a queue of traffic behind her all beeping their horns and giving her the finger. Came back and threw the keys at me using very unladylike language!!

Upshot is, it has now taken me another few days to get my perfect driving position back.

L.

When you switch off the ignition, the steering wheel automatically moves to fully up and fully in position. The seat does not move.

Cool, I think I gotta buy this car for that alone! lol

L.

It is really cool. I'm 6'4" and 16 stone, it certainly helps with the wheel out of my way :winky: :blush: :D

L.

It is one of the reasons I went for the SE-L. The amount of Ooohs I get when starting/stopping the car from passengers - I love it! People think it looks really cool!