Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've wanted more bass in the car since I bought it, but also need a boot, so have never gone down the route of having a sub installed.

However, came across these the other day, which have the kind of dimensions that would mean they could be fixed up against the ski hatch, and not really take up much of the boot at all.

My question is, would they actually be any good though? I'm not really looking for any thing earth shaking, just deeper bass.

Here are some pics and links for specs:

Pioneer WX11

256447072.jpg

Pioneer WX22

256447074.jpg

there ok, they give a nice increase in bass, which is what you want.....

im glad you have found these, as this is exactly what im looking for , for behind the back seats in the Hilux

im glad you have found these, as this is exactly what im looking for , for behind the back seats in the Hilux

Good stuff, so you're happy with them? What's the sound quality like?

Which one do you have? They seem to be almost identical in price, so I suppose the silver one is the better one to go for........

I'm not planning on fitting it myself (as I wouldn't have a clue where to start) but as the amp and stuff is all built in, will installation into the standard system be pretty straightforward? (and therefore cheap!)

Good stuff, so you're happy with them? What's the sound quality like?

Which one do you have? They seem to be almost identical in price, so I suppose the silver one is the better one to go for........

I'm not planning on fitting it myself (as I wouldn't have a clue where to start) but as the amp and stuff is all built in, will installation into the standard system be pretty straightforward? (and therefore cheap!)

i havnt got one yet, but these are the ones i was looking at...

instalation with the std amp can be tricky, however years ago i did an article about fitting rca outputs onto the factory amp............

Heres mine..

:winky:

Yep that is very nice indeed - I'm guessing that sounds absolutely awesome too :winky:

Would love to do that but can't put in that much money, or lose that much boot!

Although I'm guessing you know a fair bit about this stuff, how difficult is it to wire a powered sub (as above) into the factory system?

how difficult is it to wire a powered sub (as above) into the factory system?

Not to hard,

1. install suitable power lead from Battery down left side of the car through to boot

2. install earth piont in boot, (use the lugguage tie down points scrape paint of under the fitting to get a good contact)

3. find a suitable Amplifier/ sub box combination.

4. Splice into the rear 6x9's from underneath to get a bass feed to your amplifier.

5. The Amplifier may need a RCA phono converter if your Amplifier doesn't accept a high level input

6. Remove rear seat and unbolt the ski hatch to allow the bass into the car

7. Go for a cruise & enjoy the sound !!!

8. (optional) buy some nice red leds for some nice effects at nightime

JLAudioBootInstallNightime.jpg

Hope this helps

Wozza

• 3 weeks later...