Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Overheating In Traffic Is200

its not a known issue.

few things to check

fan controler switch/sender is working in radiator (if the fans come on/off then it is)

radiator face could be blocked with debris stuck between it and the aircon condenser

the coolant cap is faulty

thermostat is faulty

not enough coolant in the system.........look for leaks, bottom of rad is a pretty regular theme now the cars are getting on a bit, the cause seems to be.....fault as indicated above, as in material stuck between rad and condenser causes the rad to corrode.

hope that helps

Thanks for that.

Sounds like it could be expensive!!

its not a known issue.

few things to check

fan controler switch/sender is working in radiator (if the fans come on/off then it is)

radiator face could be blocked with debris stuck between it and the aircon condenser

the coolant cap is faulty

thermostat is faulty

not enough coolant in the system.........look for leaks, bottom of rad is a pretty regular theme now the cars are getting on a bit, the cause seems to be.....fault as indicated above, as in material stuck between rad and condenser causes the rad to corrode.

hope that helps

If its your radiator that's bust, then get a replacement one from here. I ordered a radiator from these guys, paid £146 inc vat and delivery, with 24hr delivery. Going to be fitting mine this weekend along with cambelt, engine service and rear disks and pads.

Like Mat said :-

Check the coolant level is OK, if you got a leak it will be low.

Start the car from cold and let it warm up you should then feel hot water starting to flow through the pipe to the rad when the stat opens.

Next wait a bit longer and see if the fan starts.

My guess is the temp sender in the rad or the fan is faulty if it only happens when stopped in traffic.