Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Headunit?!

vazoosh

I was just wondering whether it is possible to install an aftermarket headunit in the aristo 1999 and whether i can replace the stock amp?

Oh yeah and running DVDs/PS2 on the sat nav screen,is it possible? :blink:

The standard sound system is ok but i need that extra umph!!! B)

I take it you've got the factory SatNav unit...? If so you won't be able to install a aftermarket head unit without much headache - it's not worth it.

Again another component on my shopping list is to pick up the newly announced/released Alpine PXA-H650...Just have to tap into the speaker outputs near the amplifier and install the speakers, etc with new speaker wiring running directly from the new amplifer(s). You'll get a nice flat response along with some tuning capability. Although expensive at £499 I'm picking mine up for about £225 ... that hooked up to a set of DLS 8.3 Components I have lying around along with a JL 8W7 ported and nice DLS amps will keep me MORE than happy :).

if you have a look at the search function on the site mate its probably been coverd a few times as it has on the is200 models you'll probably get pic's and all the info you need? :)

Ok i'll do that,thanx

I take it you've got the factory SatNav unit...? If so you won't be able to install a aftermarket head unit without much headache - it's not worth it.

Again another component on my shopping list is to pick up the newly announced/released Alpine PXA-H650...Just have to tap into the speaker outputs near the amplifier and install the speakers, etc with new speaker wiring running directly from the new amplifer(s). You'll get a nice flat response along with some tuning capability. Although expensive at £499 I'm picking mine up for about £225 ... that hooked up to a set of DLS 8.3 Components I have lying around along with a JL 8W7 ported and nice DLS amps will keep me MORE than happy :).

yeah i've got the sat/nav unit and it does look like a nightmare to fit an aftermarket headunit,i was still hoping it could be done as i have an Alpine 9812RB from my last car.I was just wondering if anyone knew how to actually do this :blink: ?

So....the stock amp can be replaced?

You can't do it since you'd lose all A/C controls :). You can do it by using the Head Unit in the glove compartment or something but that's just not convenient. I'd personally sell the Alpine Head Unit you have and pick up the unit I mentioned above.

The unit I mentioned DOES NOT replace the stock amplifer, instead it takes in all the "speaker inputs" and processes the signal so all the EQ'ing done on the amplifer/head unit is cancelled out, so you got a nice clean flat signal to play with and tune. This unit then has RCA outputs to go to the amplifer(s). So you'll still be using the stock amplifer :).

You can't do it since you'd lose all A/C controls :). You can do it by using the Head Unit in the glove compartment or something but that's just not convenient. I'd personally sell the Alpine Head Unit you have and pick up the unit I mentioned above.

The unit I mentioned DOES NOT replace the stock amplifer, instead it takes in all the "speaker inputs" and processes the signal so all the EQ'ing done on the amplifer/head unit is cancelled out, so you got a nice clean flat signal to play with and tune. This unit then has RCA outputs to go to the amplifer(s). So you'll still be using the stock amplifer :).

I get what you are saying about convenience,i just hate cd changers!!Can the changer be replaced?Where can you pick up one of the Alpine units you mentioned?With this unit can you cancl out the stock ampifier and use a different amp?

Another thing......do you need some sort of convertor to hook up a dvd player to it?

The Alpine Unit I'm waiting to be released to all the small dealers in the US...after currency exchange rates, etc it shouldn't be anymore than £225 at the most at present...but if currency rates fall as they are predicted to do so and the dollar gains strength it'll be around £275 at most. Even then it's still a bargain!

This unit uses the existing amplifier to convert the output into a flat response...and you can hook up your own amp's to the Alpine unit. A DVD Player can be hooked up, not only that but Freeview TV, DAB, hell even a playstation, xbox or anything you'd like....BUT to do that you can pick up ANOTHER Alpine unit...Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro, where you can even use an iPod but the downside is everything is controlled by remote control as opposed to touchscreen. I'm looking at this unit too (haha letting out all my secrets!), mostly for DVD/DAB/TV use or even add a Xbox 360 on. I've already got the standard video input into the touchscreen from the SatNav unit, so all I'd have to do is hook up the Hub to that same input, and connect the SatNav via the Hub.

The changer cannot be replaced unfortunately...BUT there is good news...the Hub allows you to add any Alpine changer you want and control it via remote control...A DVD Player with MP3's would be awesome paired up with the stock CD Changer :).

The Alpine Unit I'm waiting to be released to all the small dealers in the US...after currency exchange rates, etc it shouldn't be anymore than £225 at the most at present...but if currency rates fall as they are predicted to do so and the dollar gains strength it'll be around £275 at most. Even then it's still a bargain!

This unit uses the existing amplifier to convert the output into a flat response...and you can hook up your own amp's to the Alpine unit. A DVD Player can be hooked up, not only that but Freeview TV, DAB, hell even a playstation, xbox or anything you'd like....BUT to do that you can pick up ANOTHER Alpine unit...Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro, where you can even use an iPod but the downside is everything is controlled by remote control as opposed to touchscreen. I'm looking at this unit too (haha letting out all my secrets!), mostly for DVD/DAB/TV use or even add a Xbox 360 on. I've already got the standard video input into the touchscreen from the SatNav unit, so all I'd have to do is hook up the Hub to that same input, and connect the SatNav via the Hub.

The changer cannot be replaced unfortunately...BUT there is good news...the Hub allows you to add any Alpine changer you want and control it via remote control...A DVD Player with MP3's would be awesome paired up with the stock CD Changer :).

Cheers man,you are alot of help,tryed to source the Alpine unit but as you said Alpine havent released it yet,should be released sometime this month i believe,i'll prob be paying around £400 for it!Have to have it though,you know how it is with wanting the right sound in your car!!

Yeah I definitely know about having the right sound in the car ;) haha.

I'm waiting for it to be released in the USA so I can get one sent over ... can't wait to get all my stereo gear in the Aristo :D.

If you need any more help just shout! :).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links