Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels

DEANOROW

Hi all ive recently been looking in to getting some staggered wheels for my car and wanted to run 19's with 8.5" wide at the front and 9.5" at the rear, but im having no luck finding any i like in an offset that will fit my car without spending mega money. :sick:

So its now looking like im gonna go with 19's with 8.5" wide all the way round. Can anyone give me a clue on what sort of offset i need so that i dont require arch mods ?

Thanks in advance

Deano

Hi all ive recently been looking in to getting some staggered wheels for my car and wanted to run 19's with 8.5" wide at the front and 9.5" at the rear, but im having no luck finding any i like in an offset that will fit my car without spending mega money. :sick:

So its now looking like im gonna go with 19's with 8.5" wide all the way round. Can anyone give me a clue on what sort of offset i need so that i dont require arch mods ?

Thanks in advance

Deano

Et45+ mate anything less, and you will have problems :o but do make sure the wheels will also clear your calipers :D

ive Found the wheels and been offered them at a reasonable price :) but i made a mistake and said at the start of the thread they were 8.5 " wide they are not the are 8" so i was just wondering if they would fit ?

The package ive been offered are 19 x 8 et 40 with 225/35/19 tyres will these fit without arch mods ? im lowering the car on hks coilovers next week.

Thanks in advance

Deano

ive Found the wheels and been offered them at a reasonable price :) but i made a mistake and said at the start of the thread they were 8.5 " wide they are not the are 8" so i was just wondering if they would fit ?

The package ive been offered are 19 x 8 et 40 with 225/35/19 tyres will these fit without arch mods ? im lowering the car on hks coilovers next week.

Thanks in advance

Deano

Dont think will fit with ET40 mate :o

Bugger :sad: the wheel place said these would fit. What sort of offset should i be looking at 42+ ??

My old 19inch and 8j had ET42, but would catch the arch, took them to mate of mine with eng/shop took 2mm off to make ET44 and was ok then, but as i said on one of the other posts make sure that it dont catch your calipers, mine was very close. car was standard

I have 19inch on now, but i dont know the ET or what J thay are, car is on TTE coilovers with no problems.

My new wheels are 18inch, so i will be ok, and have ET45 and 7.5j

Thanks again Gord i will speak to the wheel place tomorrow and see what they say.

It not wheel place in Bolton is it mate ????

Once tryed to sell me some wheels with ET35 saying he had sold 5 sets, had to show him that will not fit and would not even pass MOT.

Some wheel places just after sale mate :winky:

Thanks again Gord i will speak to the wheel place tomorrow and see what they say.

Once tryed to sell me some wheels with ET35 saying he had sold 5 sets, had to show him that will not fit and would not even pass MOT.

its not allways the local dealer

i had a set ordered direct from the manufacturer, specifically for the IS200 and they turned up with a 35mm offset,

:whistling:

its not allways the local dealer

i had a set ordered direct from the manufacturer, specifically for the IS200 and they turned up with a 35mm offset,

:whistling:

I know mate, i have had so many problems with people saying ET will fit, when i know it dont, thay will say it will just to get the sale. :shutit:

Im not having much fun with the offsets either. Ive just got a feeling when i speak to the wheel place tomorrow they are going to say thats the best they can do in that offset. :crybaby:

Well i will just have to see what they have to say.

Slightly :offtopic: but is the offset the same for the US is300's ? because ive just been reading this http://my.is/forums/f95/new-rims-couple-new-pics-295540/ and the owner seems to be running what the wheel place offered me.

Those are the wheels im going for, if i can get them in the correct offset.

Im not having much fun with the offsets either. Ive just got a feeling when i speak to the wheel place tomorrow they are going to say thats the best they can do in that offset. :crybaby:

Well i will just have to see what they have to say.

Slightly :offtopic: but is the offset the same for the US is300's ? because ive just been reading this http://my.is/forums/f95/new-rims-couple-new-pics-295540/ and the owner seems to be running what the wheel place offered me.

Those are the wheels im going for, if i can get them in the correct offset.

Looking at the pic's, the wheels dont look like ET40 to me, thay dont stick out that much, i remember imi saying to me once, when he was looking at my car with the 19inch on, and him saying that my wheels stick out and look nice, and mine was ET44, it might of been just the look of the wheels. Im sure there is some pic's somewhere on loc of the wheels on my old silver is200

If you are going to go for the wheels, make sure that the wheel place will take the wheels back, if wheels dont fit or catch your arch.

ps. most us wheels sites, list is300 wheels (19) as ET48+

Have a look at a very old post of mine, where im selling set of 19inch wheels, you will see some pic's mate.http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=27697&hl=

:crybaby: as i suspected the wheel place cant supply the wheels in the et i require and they wont let me send them back if they dont fit so i think i will forget about those wheels and try and find some other with a more suitable et.

They could not supply any wheels with an et larger than et 42 :angry:

Thanks again for all the help Gord and stopping me from making a very expensive mistake :D

Deano

• 2 weeks later...
:crybaby: as i suspected the wheel place cant supply the wheels in the et i require and they wont let me send them back if they dont fit so i think i will forget about those wheels and try and find some other with a more suitable et.

They could not supply any wheels with an et larger than et 42 :angry:

Thanks again for all the help Gord and stopping me from making a very expensive mistake :D

Deano

Deano, dont know if you like this wheel ? it will fit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-TUNER-MAGS-SUBARU...1QQcmdZViewItem