Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3" Cat Back Exhaust

Does anybody know of any off the shelf 3" cat back exhaust for the is200 or will i have to have it custom made e.g powerflow ?

I was going to get a kazama 2 but Dave informed me that the pipe work is the same as oem and that i would be better off with a 3".

Any ideas ???

Deano

Cheers Chaps.

I will go and see what my local powerflow dealer has to say and then give blueflame a try. Going to try powerflow first as its literally 2 minutes down the Road.

Thanks again

Deano

Hi Adie,

Its going to be turbo back but i need to find a suitable cat, I posted another thread about the one im looking at from tsl-motorsport for the evo and the possiblity of incorperating this in to my exhaust system.

Any idea if this is possible ?

No mate. Can you not just fit a full 3" freeflowing system and then replace the cat at MOT times? This is what I've done as I don't know of a sports cat that'll fit. I know it's a pain in the arse but is a small sacrifice to have to make.

Or you could try and find an understanding MOT tester :shifty:

No mate. Can you not just fit a full 3" freeflowing system and then replace the cat at MOT times? This is what I've done as I don't know of a sports cat that'll fit. I know it's a pain in the arse but is a small sacrifice to have to make.

Or you could try and find an understanding MOT tester :shifty:

Taking the cat off doesn't mean an mot failure. I was told by my local mot centre that they will pass it with or without a cat as long as it passes the emission test. Just don't know the chance of passing without the cat. I was told that old cars don't have cat anyway and they pass mot.

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I would really prefer to have a sports cat in from the start, but if its going to cause loads of problems i may have to just swap the cat come mot time :winky:

I will have a word at the exhuast place when i pop in to see if they can source them.

Cheers

Deano

As I said mate I think you're going to struggle to find a sports cat for your car, so will have to swap over at MOT time, :blush:

But there are understandable MOT testers out there :winky:

As I said mate I think you're going to struggle to find a sports cat for your car, so will have to swap over at MOT time, :blush:

But there are understandable MOT testers out there :winky:

D'accord.............. :D

• 1 month later...

from my own personal experience, removing the CAT from the exhaust system attains zero power gain, and hikes the fuel consumption massively.

Replace the catalytic converter with a high flow item. Your wallet, rear bar - and the environment will thank you