Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Radiator - Which One?

Hi all,

I have a W reg IS200 sport (manual) and after 6 years of trouble free driving I've just had my first costly problem - Radiator has gone (and the waterpump) and Lexus want £250 just for a new radiator!!!!

My car is at my local garage waiting to be worked on as soon as I get a replacment radiator

I've been told by lexus that if I get a new one form elswhere I need to make sure I get the correct 'Core size' as there are two sizes available. All the ones I find on the net (www.uadweb.com etc..) seem to have the core size of 375 - 718 - 16, is this the correct one????? I'm confused because Colin from lexus parts in Stockport seems unsure himself bur said he normaly orders the 27mm core not the 16mm core version and he does not have any problems.

Please help guys, I need my car back asap

Scott

Hi all,

I have a W reg IS200 sport (manual) and after 6 years of trouble free driving I've just had my first costly problem - Radiator has gone (and the waterpump) and Lexus want £250 just for a new radiator!!!!

My car is at my local garage waiting to be worked on as soon as I get a replacment radiator

I've been told by lexus that if I get a new one form elswhere I need to make sure I get the correct 'Core size' as there are two sizes available. All the ones I find on the net (www.uadweb.com etc..) seem to have the core size of 375 - 718 - 16, is this the correct one????? I'm confused because Colin from lexus parts in Stockport seems unsure himself bur said he normaly orders the 27mm core not the 16mm core version and he does not have any problems.

Scott

why dont you get your radiator reconditioned? I think some place's offer the same warranty as new ones

I bought a radiator from uadweb on wednesday and it is a 16mm core. I was worried at first because like you say, the radiators from the net are thinner, but I have been assured it will be ok. Will find out this weekend as it will be fitted then, along with a replacement timing belt, tensioners etc.

Hi all,

Scott

why dont you get your radiator reconditioned? I think some place's offer the same warranty as new ones

Just wanted a new one really mate

I bought a radiator from uadweb on wednesday and it is a 16mm core. I was worried at first because like you say, the radiators from the net are thinner, but I have been assured it will be ok. Will find out this weekend as it will be fitted then, along with a replacement timing belt, tensioners etc.

Hi, thanks for the reply

If you don't mind me asking, who assured you that the 16mm one will be ok, lexus or uadweb?

Uadweb, my local lexus dealer and my mechanic.

The parts guy at my local lexus dealer, indirectly told me that on some occasions they have sourced replacement rads from radiators reconditioners. Basically he told me not buy one from lexus, I could get a cheaper one elsewhere.

As long as it fits (16mm core or 27mm core) and works fine, there shouldn't be a problem.

Hi all,

Scott

Alright mate

I used these guys when mine went, brand new with warranty. I have had on for 3 month now and had no problems

Northern radiator group

Well recommended, only cost £130

I think uadweb are also out of stock (I bought the last one).

There's a trader called pru-uk trading on eBay, click here they may have a radiator in stock. search for 'is200 radiator' in eBay.

BTW- I was quoted £162.29 online (inc. VAT & delivery) by Northern Radiators.

Try Advanced Radiators, they may have one in stock.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Scott

hi,scott i am from blackburn, i also bought a rad for my car at the cost of £150. but i have just found a place in rishton that reconditions rads fairly cheap, i can get the number for you tommorow, if that is any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guyz!

Wondering if you can help :unsure:

My radiator has gone on my Lex too :crybaby:

Ive read your recomendations and am quite interested in the one from eBay, However I have some concerns and am wondering if you can help??

These new radiators as they are copy parts are they made in the far east or Europe?

I have some quality issues.

If any one can help it would be appreciated as I cant wait to long to replace it, scared of doing anymore damage!

Thank u

Can't comment on the Koyo radiator, but the one I bought from uadweb was manufactured by a company called AVA cooling systems, which is a UK based company. My radiator has been fitted to my car for almost two months now without any problems.

Mine is a copy part, but it is just as good as a genuine radiator from Lexus. When I asked Lexus, they would have charged me £250 for a replacement (exchange) radiator. Uadweb supplied me with the same item for £145, inc. vat and delivery. Basically, if you want a genuine part, go to Lexus, otherwise save some ££££ and buy one from uadweb, Northern radiators, eBay, a radiator from them will be just as good as OEM.

• 2 weeks later...