Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods Update, Ongoing Project :-)

YAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Finally fitted my TTE Arbs today and cant wait for a bit better weather to try them out for real :)

The whole car feels really tight now with the TTE Coilovers and TTE arbs fitted, a nice matching setup at last :D

Just need some new tyres now so i can put them through there paces and see how it handles on some twisty bits :)

and fit your new trd rear lip now m8 :whistling:

:lol: could always fit a TTE one that i have lying around :D

i would as you payed for it and the buyer has not payed or collected yet :whistling:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made another part for my Lex :D

Been having a few issues with the pipercross induction kit that i had fitted to my lex, The air temperature going into the engine was really high due to the induction kit running over the top of the manifolds and the silicone pipework getting to extreme temps, which is not very good for an intake system :o

So thought i'd make my own induction kit to see if i could make it run better and away from the manifolds so this is what i came up with :)

Not done any tests on the intake temps yet, but will do in the next day or so to see how much difference its made being away from the manifold area? :unsure:

The one i've made up is nearly 18" shorter than the one before and has a more direct airflow from the front of the car and all i need now is a new filter :)

Old Setup=

lexenginecover001_edited.jpg

New Setup=

DSCF1491_edited.jpg

DSCF1494_edited.jpg

DSCF1489_edited.jpg

I just noticed you put the Veilside back on upside down :P

Go and give it some hammer!

As soon as mine is back and the roads are clean and dry she's having some proper hammer :lol:

That new filter looks bigger than the old one too?

I just noticed you put the Veilside back on upside down :P

Go and give it some hammer!

As soon as mine is back and the roads are clean and dry she's having some proper hammer :lol:

That new filter looks bigger than the old one too?

Yeh i had to turn the strut brace round so that the higher part was above the intake, so now i've got to get a new sticker :lol:

@Kris, cheers matey :D

Looks great mate, good idea.

Cheers mate, :D

just been for a spin and it picks up so much better than it did before, and the sound of it is great, so quite happy with it so far :D

@Kris hope your drop links are better than mine were mate? had to replace all of mine when i did them last week :blink:

Looks the dog's dangle's matey, glad your happy with the results.

I hate looking at your engine bay makes me feel ashamed, will defo clean mine one day :whistling: honest.

Thanks matey :D i can tell the difference with having this small induction kit fitted and not bad for around £40 to make :D

Get a can of spray tyre foam mate and cover your engine with it while its warm, leave it for a few mins then wipe off the excess and it should come up nice and clean looking :winky: and when you drive it again and it gets hot it usually dries to a nice glossy finish :)

(plus its really easy to do like that :lol: )

£40 to make an induction kit you should go into business mate ;)

I am defo going to do the engine bay mate but at the moment it too cold and misserable to clean any of the car so i'll add it to list with the clay bar that I insited I was getting 3 months ago :whistling:

Maybe when you pop up for that exhaust you could show me how you do it :tomato::lol:

I am defo going to do the engine bay mate but at the moment it too cold and misserable to clean any of the car so i'll add it to list with the clay bar that I insited I was getting 3 months ago :whistling:

Maybe when you pop up for that exhaust you could show me how you do it :tomato::lol:

Dont mind giving yours a clean mate :D quite enjoy doing it :lol:

I hate looking at your engine bay makes me feel ashamed, will defo clean mine one day :whistling: honest.

Thanks matey :D i can tell the difference with having this small induction kit fitted and not bad for around £40 to make :D

Get a can of spray tyre foam mate and cover your engine with it while its warm, leave it for a few mins then wipe off the excess and it should come up nice and clean looking :winky: and when you drive it again and it gets hot it usually dries to a nice glossy finish :)

So when you spray on the tyre foam dose it come out just like normal foam and dry in a nice red and white pattern :whistling:

Great idea with the induction kit by the way, and it looks good also.

Think I'm going to buy some of your special tyre foam :winky:

So when you spray on the tyre foam dose it come out just like normal foam and dry in a nice red and white pattern :whistling:

Great idea with the induction kit by the way, and it looks good also.

Think I'm going to buy some of your special tyre foam :winky:

cheers matey :P yeh the foam works a treat in the engine bay, used it for years the best one i know of and use is called Tyre Dandy :D

Been having a few issues with the pipercross induction kit that i had fitted to my lex, The air temperature going into the engine was really high due to the induction kit running over the top of the manifolds and the silicone pipework getting to extreme temps, which is not very good for an intake system :o

So thought i'd make my own induction kit to see if i could make it run better and away from the manifolds so this is what i came up with :)

Not done any tests on the intake temps yet, but will do in the next day or so to see how much difference its made being away from the manifold area? :unsure:

The one i've made up is nearly 18" shorter than the one before and has a more direct airflow from the front of the car and all i need now is a new filter :)

Old Setup=

New Setup=

DSCF1491_edited.jpg

DSCF1494_edited.jpg

DSCF1489_edited.jpg

great work chris,on the induction kit cant you use the original air feed cut down like dave reeds

Old Setup=

New Setup=

DSCF1491_edited.jpg

DSCF1494_edited.jpg

DSCF1489_edited.jpg

great work chris,on the induction kit cant you use the original air feed cut down like dave reeds

Thanks mate, dont think it will need the feed mate as its quite close to the front of the car, and it does get a lot of air?

But i am looking into making something at the moment to give it more air if needed :)

Dont mind giving yours a clean mate :D quite enjoy doing it :lol:

Dropped yourself in it there matey you aint seen the state of it :lol: