Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

N/s Rear Brake Caliper Clip.

Andy-R

Just had my rear tyres changed, looked at back brakes while the wheels were off and noticed the clip off the n/s caliper was missing causing the pads to rattle (not good) does any one have a spare one knocking about or know where i can get one other than Lexus?

• 2 weeks later...
i got mine from lexus for £4.75..

they call it the Anti-Squel Clip

Can I ask which dealership you got this from ?

I wanted to get hold of some at the weekend, only to be told by the person at the service desk that they only come with a new set of brake pads.

Dave

i got mine from lexus for £4.75..

they call it the Anti-Squel Clip

Can I ask which dealership you got this from ?

I wanted to get hold of some at the weekend, only to be told by the person at the service desk that they only come with a new set of brake pads.

Dave

no they don't, you just get the pads themselves- they don't come with any clips

try another dealer?

PS: i always speak/deal with the parts department at my local dealer, IMHO, the people on the service desk just don't have a clue...

try another dealer?

PS: i always speak/deal with the parts department at my local dealer, IMHO, the people on the service desk just don't have a clue...

Well...

I tried my local dealer this time, and they were a little more helpful. They could supply me with an "axle kit" which would cover both front wheels and contains all the springs/clips/(shims ?) that I would need. Possibly a bit ott, seeing as it's probably only the clips that I need. If I order one it would cost me £44.45

I'm going to try another dealer and see what response I get.

Dave

try another dealer?

Well...

I tried my local dealer this time, and they were a little more helpful. They could supply me with an "axle kit" which would cover both front wheels and contains all the springs/clips/(shims ?) that I would need. Possibly a bit ott, seeing as it's probably only the clips that I need. If I order one it would cost me £44.45

I'm going to try another dealer and see what response I get.

Dave

pm chris shipley, he will be able to help.

pm chris shipley, he will be able to help.

Thanks I'll get in touch with him.

Yesterday I also contacted another local dealer, and their parts dept was more helpful. Firstly they can supply me with some white grease in a 500ml can. Also I can buy the individual clips from them too. If I went for all 8 clips to cover both front wheels it get a bit pricy, but then I do want to stop the knocking noise. Why each dealer can't provide the same service and help I don't know.....

Has anyone changed over their clips, greased them up and had the noise go away ?

Dave