Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camcorder Mount

No idea if this is the right place to put this at all but here goes...

I'm looking into buying a mount for attaching a camcorder to the window/body panel of a car for use on track days & drift events etc so just wondering has anyone else got any experience of these?

Where can you get them, what one's best, etc?

Not looking to spend a hige amount mind you as I've come accross ones for $500+ :blink:

Cheers,

Eoin

yeah that was the E36 Dave was bombing around in last year,he drove it very well.

as we know last year at the ring the marshalls ******** me for having the camera on the seat when they poked their noses into the car,so ive been lookin for something thats quick to attatch, just after passing the marshalls and quick to remove just as you approach the marshalls at the end of the ring.ive found this one from that hague place,do you lot think it will be easy to attach whilst steering the car through the cones,just before starting the ring.(when im the only one in the car)

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pa...cuum_mounts.htm

its the one at the bottom SM7 and has a large crank lever to hold it in place on a flat surface in order to create the vaccum.obviously id already have the camera mounted to it, ready to attatch the complete thing to the windscreen.

yeah that was the E36 Dave was bombing around in last year,he drove it very well.

as we know last year at the ring the marshalls ******** me for having the camera on the seat when they poked their noses into the car,so ive been lookin for something thats quick to attatch, just after passing the marshalls and quick to remove just as you approach the marshalls at the end of the ring.ive found this one from that hague place,do you lot think it will be easy to attach whilst steering the car through the cones,just before starting the ring.(when im the only one in the car)

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pa...cuum_mounts.htm

its the one at the bottom SM7 and has a large crank lever to hold it in place on a flat surface in order to create the vaccum.obviously id already have the camera mounted to it, ready to attatch the complete thing to the windscreen.

i have the hague external mount one, it is a good bit of kit

those who went to brunters last year may recall it stuck on the outside of the monster :whistling:

also have the large clamp so that it can be mounted on a roll cage

easy to assemble or dissemble as needs be

at the ring there is nothing to stop you stopping just after the cones, many did last year

those who went to brunters last year may recall it stuck on the outside of the monster :whistling:

at the ring there is nothing to stop you stopping just after the cones, many did last year

I have the SM1 on that page, did any footage appear from the brunters with the monster?

Trouble with the ring is there are marshalls dotted around the track, they will report it and they'll have a stern word with you when you come off :crybaby:

I have the SM1 on that page, did any footage appear from the brunters with the monster?

Trouble with the ring is there are marshalls dotted around the track, they will report it and they'll have a stern word with you when you come off :crybaby:

Are you not allowed to film the ring then?

Are you not allowed to film the ring then?

No mate, 1st time we went round last yr, marshalls had a word when we can off :blush: