Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Fellow LS Owners,

I have bought a LS400 on 93 Reg with minor faults but wondered...

Does anyone know cost of Brakeline from the front to back of the car and how they fit them (looked Tricky)

Anyone know common faults with Autochangers not working (ERR comes up)

How much would a Windscreen cost me all together?

My whole story is on the General Discussion Board :)

Hello Fellow LS Owners,

I have bought a LS400 on 93 Reg with minor faults but wondered...

Does anyone know cost of Brakeline from the front to back of the car and how they fit them (looked Tricky)

Anyone know common faults with Autochangers not working (ERR comes up)

How much would a Windscreen cost me all together?

My whole story is on the General Discussion Board :)

Had same problem Cd changer with mine when I bought it and all the other common faults. have done them all now.

Main problem was damp inside the unit. The boot was full of water. Cleaned the rubbers around the boot, Cleaned and dried out the boot/Mat cover and started working OK.

The Err you get is when you try and play some cds in it. Mine doesn't play CDRW's in any form and only some types of CDR's. Also noticed it doesn't like certain CD's from years ago with a lot of colour on them on the one side.

Haven't come accross the pipe issue yet.

break line can be bad up so not expensive approx £10, windscreen I suggest you get comprehensive insurance then ring AUTOGLAZE 01325 484300 they will write off the excess so its free ( just had mine replaced )

if you dont have comp ins the screen costs £800 fitted of course and that's with a 10% discount

Hey Ontheroad,

why did you get your screen changed? chip / crack?

I have the standard issue scuffs in the glass from age and hardened wipers with grit embedded, want to get it changed but the chuccking a brick at it to bust it option seems extreme to get it changed!

mine had a one foot crack in it, I should say this but its quite easy to cause that to happen.

I fitted a speed trap detector so only way into the car for the wires was the passenger door so over the wing at the lower edge of the screen they went but I didn't fit the plastic guard properly and put excess weight on the corner of the screen to cut a long story short just give it a wrap on the edge with a thingy and watch the crack grow no need for a brick :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the input guys.

My problem is I can only cover my car on Third Party due to my age, and my best price so far was £600 which I ain't got in my pocket :shutit:

I will see what my insurance company can do for me then :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links