Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I am looking to buy a Lexus IS, my budget, with my trade in is between £23000 and £24000.

I reckon that should be good for up to a year old, less than 15000 miles with sat nav. However, after reading various reports, I cannot decide between the Diesel Sport (different gearing), and the petrol SE-L or Sport, don't care which, all three have all the toys I'm after.

Would appreciate any guidance, I'm just going round in circles. Don't really want to go to a dealer, as my present dealer (Jaguar) will source the car for me and give me a better trade in.

Thanks

Hi, I am looking to buy a Lexus IS, my budget, with my trade in is between £23000 and £24000.

I reckon that should be good for up to a year old, less than 15000 miles with sat nav. However, after reading various reports, I cannot decide between the Diesel Sport (different gearing), and the petrol SE-L or Sport, don't care which, all three have all the toys I'm after.

Would appreciate any guidance, I'm just going round in circles. Don't really want to go to a dealer, as my present dealer (Jaguar) will source the car for me and give me a better trade in.

Thanks

For me it was a no brainer - I wanted an automatic so my choice was made up for me. I would have liked the Diesel but they didn't do an auto. As for which to choose, it really is down to what you personally want, if its not that much of an issue write all three down on a piece of paper and stick a pin in it!

Seriously which ever you choose I don't think you will be disappointed, they are all great cars.

Thanks

For me it was a no brainer - I wanted an automatic so my choice was made up for me. I would have liked the Diesel but they didn't do an auto. As for which to choose, it really is down to what you personally want, if its not that much of an issue write all three down on a piece of paper and stick a pin in it!

Seriously which ever you choose I don't think you will be disappointed, they are all great cars.

Thanks, sounds good!

Go auto 250 SE with Satnav, if you can find one...forget the diesel...

May I ask why you say forget the diesel, I see you have one?

If you look at the facts, the diesel looks good - on paper at least.

But when you drive them, you'll see for yourself. The 250 Auto is wonderfully smooth and on a run will give you close to 35 (even 40) MPG - the gearchanges etc are amazing at this level, and you won't find a more relaxing car to drive for this money!!

The Diesel is smooth enough, has a narrow power delivery band, but will give you real world 40-45mpg best, the gearing (unless you go Sport) takes some getting used to too....and there are better diesels to be frank from BMW and the like...

I went for the disel with the head, not the heart...

Ghm

IS220D - yes, it is lowest emission level

IS220 - 168

IS250 Auto - 214 (btw - this is not LESS than 200 :) ) - not so "green" (it depends from new standarts, but for now it seems to be accpetable as new charge will be paid staring from 225g/km)

IS250 Manual - 231

Ghm

IS220D - yes, it is lowest emission level

IS220 - 168

IS250 Auto - 214 (btw - this is not LESS than 200 :) ) - not so "green" (it depends from new standarts, but for now it seems to be accpetable as new charge will be paid staring from 225g/km)

IS250 Manual - 231

Thanks for clarifying mate -

It makes the choice more difficult...but I think I'd still take the Auto. I am happy with the diesel (don't have a choice) but in the future it would have to be a Auto (Petrol or Diesel) - my knees can't take clutch jockying in traffic like they used to !

No problem :)

Actually, the main reason (for me) for buying the diesel - lowest emission (so i can be sure about next 3-5 years that all raxes and charges will be small) + relatively small amount of traveling inside of the city :)

This car is for enjoying and traveling, and it can be 50% more economic in Europe (20% fuel economy + 30% cheaper diesel) - this is really good...

Actually, this is more pleasant to drive manual car on motorway, but not in a town (this can be annoying :) )

Anyway, the gearbox of IS220d is so "easy" and pleasant to switch...

For sure, if there were exists Auto 220d - this is far more better idea to have such one :)

Will be waiting for a new IS model :)

Hi, peeps, just thought I'd let you know, got a good deal today, Mesa red 220 D Sport with sat nav, low miles, ex-demo, looking forward to getting it on the road.

Thanks for all your advice

NO doubt you're a "happyman"....

So you took our advice then? :shutit:

Seriously, you could do a lot worse...the Mesa Red is gorgeous and if you have to have a diesel, then the Sport is the one....

Nice one!!