Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Vents Problem

peter.liu

As the title says, air is only coming out from the centre & side vents. When pressing the switch to direct to the footwells or to the screen no air comes out from these vents (climate control is ok). Prior to this problem there was a buzzing noise (about 10 secs) from the area of these buttons. Does anybody know is this an easy fix ?

Thanks.

Buzzing sound frmo the area of the buttons? Could mean you've got a "short" or if anything check to see if there's any "blockage" if not...then another thing you can do is pull the undercover in the driver footwell and you should be able to see the "piping" which directs the air (routed behind/below the steering column as long as this is a Mk2/JZS161), and you can see if there's any air being directed there.

Does the Aristor not have servomotors/solenoids to control the air flow? If it was a "buzzing" sound then I suspect it was mechanical rather than electrical shorting. Have you check the fuses?

Here are a couple of pages of information from my Lexus GS300 workshop manual which may help.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1808/aristomk21wb1.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3430/aristomk22ft8.jpg

Thanks for your help and advice goodoldgrandad, so do you know exactly whereabouts is this fuse? under the bonnet? footwell?.

I see you are living in South Yorkshire, well lets say i was born & bred in West Yorkshire (huddersfield) but now based in HK.

Thanks goodoldgrandad, retrieved the AC codes....there were 3 trouble codes

1) Code 33 - Air outlet door position sensor.

2) Code 41 - Air Mix door Servomotor circuit (passenger side) - explains why ever since i bought the car the passenger vents only blew cold air never warm air.

3) Code 43 - Air Outlet Door Servomotor circuit.

Ah well just have to find how much its gonna cost now.

Yep, just followed the procedure supplied by goodoldgrandad found out the error codes...1 minute job. Since its not a big problem will have to wait for a couple of weeks to sort it out.

A new problem has risen after a heavy downpour yesterday found out some of the LEDs of my tail light had blown/not working, supposed to be waterproofed...bugger.

The magic of computer power - and of having the diagnostic codes to know what it means and how to access it or go through a proceedure !!!

Everything electrical on the Aristo I am told has fault-finding diagnostics built in.

That's great news - never knew that EVERYTHING electrical was covered via OBD2.

Yep, just followed the procedure supplied by goodoldgrandad found out the error codes...1 minute job. Since its not a big problem will have to wait for a couple of weeks to sort it out.

A new problem has risen after a heavy downpour yesterday found out some of the LEDs of my tail light had blown/not working, supposed to be waterproofed...bugger.

The LED lights are known to go "out" as any aftermarket light will NOT be welded shut to make them waterproof as the OEM lights - unless you go for the JP lights which are ALOT OF ££££. It's why I'm reluctant on replacing mine. Not to mention the 2001+ lights tend to have a smaller reverse light indicator - providing next to no "visible" lighting when parallel parking - so not going that route either.

Either way glad to know you got it sorted! :). Any idea how much these parts will come out to be?