Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual Boot Release Not Working

The manual boot release (the one inside the car under the drivers seat) has suddenly stopped working on my IS200.

Boot still opens using the key though.

Any ideas how to fix it or what I should check before I pull all the carpets up?

I'd have a quick look to see if the cable has come off either in the boot or on the handle if not and you can get hold of either end of it give it a pull to see if it has snapped, probably need a pair of long nose pliers but could be worth a look mate??

The inside release is disabled when the key is turned in the boot lock (used for when you give someone the valet key without boot release). I can't remember whether the lock lock should be horizontal or vertical but one of them will work and the other won't.

Thanks everyone

I'll check these out and see what I can find, it was working fine last week and I don't remember messing around with the lock so maybe something has just slipped off somewhere?

The inside release is disabled when the key is turned in the boot lock (used for when you give someone the valet key without boot release). I can't remember whether the lock lock should be horizontal or vertical but one of them will work and the other won't.

Correct.

• 4 months later...