Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Fog Lamps On Is200 Sport- How Do I Switch Them On!

Hi. Very happy with my Lexus is200 Sport except my headlamps never seem quite bright enough (apart from when they're on full beam of course :shifty: so one dark night I tried all the lights out... low beam, ordinary beam, full beam and realised that I have two lamps (which I assume are fog lamps that didn't come on at all. So I look again at my dashboard and to the right of my sterring wheel I have the wheel that raises/lowers the lamps, the wheel that changes dashboard brightness, the button that washes the headlamps and the button that turns on rear fogs (as labelled) but I can't find the one that turns on the front ones. I know I'm being daft here so I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Hello mate and welcome

On the light switch for the lights you have a grey ring that you turn which will turn your front fog lights on? the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel if i can remember without going out to have a look? ;) where abouts in the west mids are you mate?

Chris... :)

Hi. Very happy with my Lexus is200 Sport except my headlamps never seem quite bright enough (apart from when they're on full beam of course :shifty: so one dark night I tried all the lights out... low beam, ordinary beam, full beam and realised that I have two lamps (which I assume are fog lamps that didn't come on at all. So I look again at my dashboard and to the right of my sterring wheel I have the wheel that raises/lowers the lamps, the wheel that changes dashboard brightness, the button that washes the headlamps and the button that turns on rear fogs (as labelled) but I can't find the one that turns on the front ones. I know I'm being daft here so I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Theres 4 settings for the normal lights off, sidelight, low beam and auto. Try the auto option and see if that helps as that will make sure the right ones come on at the right time

Hopefully you've found the fog lamp switch now. As for the headlamps, the standard bulbs are very dull, I would recommended a headlamp bulb upgrade.

There are lots of threads on this forum about which ones are best, do a search.

Get an HID upgrade kit, or at the very least some higher wattage halogen bulbs. Fog lights won't help you because they are a spread beam, designed to help you see the edges of the road in inclement weather. They are not the same as driving lights. In addition, you'll just end up annoying oncoming traffic with the extra glare, not forgetting that it's also illegal to use your fog lights (front or rear) if the weather conditions don't warrant it.