Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misfiring Ls400, Coilpack?

Howdy,

Bloke at work reckoned my fresh purchase, '93 LS400 with 140k on the clock, had a misfire & would probably be coil pack needs replacing ASAP.

Sound possible/logical (without hearing it i know :D ) & if so any good places to get coilpack cheap? Presume it's something local half decent garage i;ve used before could do?

Ta

Si

Hi,

The throttle body and butterfly valve would be the easiest parts to check and clean first as that might give the hesitation problems.

It would be well worth fitting new spark plugs and HT leads and rotor arms and distributor caps.

It would also be worth fitting a new oil fitter if its dirty.

You will find the engine will run alot cleaner/better after all that.

Good Luck..

Chips.

that site you posted is very good although i doubt i'm feeling that brave or technically proficient to do it myself but worst case i'll print it off & save mechanic time & thus me £ :D

From previous advice i guess US is cheapest place to get HT leads & plugs but in absence of wanting to wiat too long any good cheap places folks use in UK for such items & as above any confirmation of which plugs would be a bonus ;)

Thanks again

Si

actually thinking about it that site is so well laid out on how to i may have a pop at it, what's the worst that can happen, dont quote me on that when i have to go to A&E to have a V8 surgically removed from my groin........lol.

If i can get bits by weekend so could use some help on where's good for bits, speicifcally HT leads as i can get the plugs easy enough......?

Si

Hi,

Any Good car parts shop should be able to get hold of a copy set of HT leads and in the info books able to tell you which plugs you will need.

Its always good to ask a couple of shops and if you get the same answers then you know they know what there talking about :winky:

Got the blueprint ones in the end & they went on pretty damn easily although liek the guide says most of the time it takes it taking all the covers etc off.

Still got a bit of working on to get her running properly me thinks.....

Si

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links